You can type here any text you want

TTA Questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MikeB91

Hello, first time poster. Just found the forum today and signed up. Good stuff!

My dad has a stock TTA he had stored for several years. He had never done any modifications. Probably the only good thing is that he's used Mobil 1 since day 1. It has 49k +/- miles. Well now we've put in a hypertech thermo-master chip part # 228002, 160 degree thermostat, and test pipe.

I'm struggling to find the K&N filter charger for him so if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great. It has the K&N filter in the stock housing.

I'm also wondering what additional bolt on's would be good.

Would different fuel injectors be good?

It has new plugs but they're the oem plugs. Any suggestion for something different?

New wires needed?, Coil?

I'm pretty sure it has the original transmission fluids. My dad gives me the "really shoudn't have to change it" bs. Of course I know he's wrong. Maybe something from a third party would be good on this one as well.

My dad of course wants it to be as fast as possible. I guess I'm thinking it would be good to retain streetability and not go too nuts on the mods.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1st thing is first....Get a scanmaster 2.1...It is an easy scan tool that alows you to see what the motor is doing. You need to read as much as possible on how to tune and about what works/what dont. For example; that Hypertech chip is crap. Sorry! but all I have read about them is no good, off the shelf, high timing, ect.

Best thing you can do for your car is learn and make calculated moves. Also I suggest taking baby steps. These cars go very fast with little.

Lots of good guys in here.

HTH
Bo

A few suggestions,

get a different chip and injectors from, he also has the scanmaster.
TurboTweak Home

a 9" K&N cone will work, summit or jegs.

AlcyControl.com

Put a test pipe in place of the cat, get one that has a dump on it so you can run it open.

Try to locate a 3" downpipe, they are getting hard to find.

Try some Nitto drag radials or Micky Thomson drag radials if you really want to hook.

Good luck. Post some pics.:cool:

everyone will help or correct me

Turbo Tweak chip from Eric Marshall w/ 50's or 60's inj.

Razor Alky Kit

Russ Merritt Wires w/ NGK TR5 plugs

K&N from Full Throttle

Any tranny fluid brand - only Dexron III

MT tires

New O2 by Denso

Maybe clean and mod your stock intercooler

Scanmaster or Powerlogger

Comp 980 Valve springs with new seals. 90lbs. set at 1.72 installed height

Racetronix fuel pump w/ hotwire kit

Don't boost w/ the Hypertech chip. Becareful!

* Buy Julio's Alky kit! The kit was actually designed on a TTA. ;)

Wow! Thanks, this is great! I've got some stuff to sort through here.

Sweet6, pm sent.

Thanks everyone.

You might benefit from a LOOK HERE :)

That's an interesting Poll!, I thought that a bigger down pipe would have been more popular, that's what I always wanted before I ever knew what a terry houston dp was. When I put a 20$ cutout on the stock downpipe I got a huge gain. 13.40 @ 104 to 12.90 @ 109 on GSC Goodyears and stock everything else, even the chip was stock. It did have a K&N, adjustable waste gate and some octane booster with 93 pump gas. 20 psi. 1994.

Back