TTA recommendations

mm5300

I have a TTA that's been sitting for several years while I had a ton of other projects and moved to the South. I'm finally getting it going, but I've been out of the loop for a while. I just dropped the tank so I could replace the fuel pump as I wasn't getting any fuel to the filter. I'm hoping some people can give me some suggestions as to current mods that would help while I'm in the process of getting it up and running. Most importantly, I need to get a fuel pump and an exhaust for it, so those would be my first recommendations asked for. Also, I remember a while back, someone on a forum had a great alky kit for the TTA/GN as well, so I was thinking about maybe adding that as well, but I have no idea where it can be found. Any ideas or suggestions are highly appreciated!

Also, I'm currently living about 45 mins North of Atlanta. Does anyone know any service places or people who would be in the Atlanta area that are good with TTA/GN's? I'm getting a little excited to get this car going so I can start enjoying it again. It is such a fun car to drive!

Razor's Alky Kit!

A new pair of shoes.. MT 255 50 16 work well... they just wear fast.

Scantool, adj. fuel reg and a Turbo Tweak or Commander chip.

Hope this helps. Good luck! Joe

If the car is mild, I had great results with the Nitto's on my TTA and they lasted about 8-10k miles. The BFG's where stickier but only lasted 2k, and the MT DR's stickier.. but less than 1k miles. For a 12 second car or slower.. the Nitto Drag Radial works well.

Alky kit.. well i'm :)

Shop recommendations.. South Ga has Fred's turbo. The is a guy Chuck Leeper may also guide you. He's here on the board.

First thing if the car doesnt have one.. get a scanmaster for it.. then chip.. then work from there. TTA's are easy :)

Guys, thanks for the advice. I'll have to look at getting those. I probably should have mentioned that my car was originally owned by a guy in NJ that had Dynotech performance, so I have some slight mods already. I have a bunch of chips in a Prompaq setup, but I have no idea what each one does. I should probably work on another chip and start from scratch. Razor, I'll have to get in touch with you in regards to the alky setup. I actually have a set of tires that I can use on it. I don't remember what I got for DOT slicks, but I think they were Nitto. I bought a bunch of stuff in the past hoping to get it going, but it fell through. Finally going to REALLY get it going now.

Any thoughts on exhaust and/or fuel pump? I really have to do those first as I have the tank out and when I took the exhaust out, it had some rust issues on the way out. I know some people have the Walbro 340, but it looks like those aren't produced anymore, but I could be wrong. Thanks again for the recommendations!

Guys, thanks for the advice. I'll have to look at getting those. I probably should have mentioned that my car was originally owned by a guy in NJ that had Dynotech performance, so I have some slight mods already. I have a bunch of chips in a Prompaq setup, but I have no idea what each one does. I should probably work on another chip and start from scratch. Razor, I'll have to get in touch with you in regards to the alky setup. I actually have a set of tires that I can use on it. I don't remember what I got for DOT slicks, but I think they were Nitto. I bought a bunch of stuff in the past hoping to get it going, but it fell through. Finally going to REALLY get it going now.

Any thoughts on exhaust and/or fuel pump? I really have to do those first as I have the tank out and when I took the exhaust out, it had some rust issues on the way out. I know some people have the Walbro 340, but it looks like those aren't produced anymore, but I could be wrong. Thanks again for the recommendations!

Call any of the Buick vendors and they carry the replacement Wallbro. And do the filter.

I have a TTA that's been sitting for several years while I had a ton of other projects and moved to the South. I'm finally getting it going, but I've been out of the loop for a while. I just dropped the tank so I could replace the fuel pump as I wasn't getting any fuel to the filter. I'm hoping some people can give me some suggestions as to current mods that would help while I'm in the process of getting it up and running. Most importantly, I need to get a fuel pump and an exhaust for it, so those would be my first recommendations asked for. Also, I remember a while back, someone on a forum had a great alky kit for the TTA/GN as well, so I was thinking about maybe adding that as well, but I have no idea where it can be found. Any ideas or suggestions are highly appreciated!

Also, I'm currently living about 45 mins North of Atlanta. Does anyone know any service places or people who would be in the Atlanta area that are good with TTA/GN's? I'm getting a little excited to get this car going so I can start enjoying it again. It is such a fun car to drive!

I also live about 90 miles northeast of Atlanta and would be interested in who you find to work on yours. I would like to get a few things done to mine but would like someone that works on them to steer me in the right direction.