You can type here any text you want

TTA short block F/S

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

postal

Peoples champ runner up
I picked up a short block for my car thats already been run through, with new pistons and cam and all that stuff. I'am considering selling my stock short block since I already have another spare engine. My stock short block is still in the car and runs strong. It does have right at 100k miles on it. I thought maybe some one with a a lower mile car may want to pick up a motor like this to do the hot rod stuff to and set there motor aside. My short block could also be run the way it is because it does run good. If any one is interested in making me an offer please do so. I will consider offers in the price range that the GN short blocks go for in the for sale section of this bulletin board. Please no low baller type offers, this is a good short block and expect an "average" selling price out of it. I'am not going to post this short block in the parts for sale section until its been in the TTA section for a few days to give you fellow TTA guys first dibs on it.

TIA: Jason
postal@mtco.com

Wow no one is interested at all in a short block?
I'am only selling this because I already have a complete spare motor, a rebuilt short block to go in it, and a stage2 on center block and crank that I plan on building up slowly. Thats alot of motor stuff for only one car. The short block thats in my car has gone 11.30 with only bolt ons so it is a strong running one.

Let me know if your interested: Jason

Has it ever been rebuilt before? If the block is standard bore I may be interested.

How much are you asking? I'm sure you have a number in mind. I don't like to make offers since it only leads to insults!

Please e-mail me with info. Also, would you be able to ship it without much hassle on your end?

Thanks, Vic

I have never rebuilt the motor and the car was bone stock appearing when I got it(only mod was a K&N filter). I just got done searching for short blocks in the for sale area and the prices really very. I seen one for $200 and no way will I sell mine for that. I would rather start making 35# runs in it till it blew up before I sold it that cheap. When I first made this post I was thinking of trying to get in the $800 range for it. I was thinking that because It seamed to me that the shorts sold for around there and long blocks sold in the $1200 to $1500 range.
to answere your questions:
1. I cant say for sure if the motor is bored but I believe its all stock. If it is rebuilt then it must have alot less than 100k miles on it.
2 yes I could ship it no problem and would only charge what the freight is. (prob $70 to $100 I would guess)
3 For now I would have to set the rough price range of around $800.
4 If there was some serious interest in it and an agreed upon price I would yank it out and verify what ever questions the potential buyer had. I stated why I'm selling it and figured I could use a little extra money to put some other stuff together. If I cant sell it then I'll run it until I get my new set up all ready to go, and store this one as another spare.

Thanks for the interest: Jason

I might be interested. I have to check my setup first to see if its ok. It has been sitting for a long time. Once I do that than I will let you know.

Pete

Back