You can type here any text you want

TTA trans Q- Not the 4 pin connector, whats the other one for?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quick6'n'-K.C.

wana steal it? meet mr9mm
Staff member
Its been awhile, what is the other wire connector for on a TTA near the tailshaft?

As my memory recalls, there is another wire connector at the back of the tta trans.

What is it, what does it do, and what happens when it is unplugged :confused:

Like i said, been awhile and i thought there was another connector at the rear of the trans, Turbo regals do not have it.
BW

But the speedo works with it unplugged :confused:

Thats what i thought too, VSS smatherfriggerthiny

Just wondering what it does, its a wire as i recall, not a speedo cable :biggrin:

BW

it is a plug .. thinking here ...the 4 pin one is the converter .. the only other plug back there is the speedo .. shouldn't work if its not plugged in :confused:

VSS is on the tailshaft.

Speedo is electronic.. needs pulses from VSS. Speedo cannot work without pulses..

GN is different, VSS is on the instrument cluster.

HTH

Well, i will check into it.
Guy here in town called me sunday afternoon and said it was unplugged and the speedometer still works.

I gotta go over there next weekend and view the car so he can order a tweak chip... Supposedly the trans was rebuilt with TCI parts, hopefully another good canidate for Razors meth kit. :biggrin:

Thanks for the input fellers..

BW

Back