You can type here any text you want

TTA Turbo questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

clonegnx

I this boards help as I am looking to get a Turbo TTA, Ihave found one but it has 90,000 miles and a rod knock. the car is straight and nice. What should I pay for something like this?

Depends on the shape of the rest of the car as well. Seats and wing are the first thigns to look at. I would guess $4-$6K depending on the shape of the rest of the car. My guess is the trans is shot as well.

Run the VIN number to see if it is a real TTA.

I agree with Sweet6, somewhere around $5000... basically roller price. That is assuming the only other things needed are front seat covers and a respray (no metalwork). I don't know what you have in mind for a motor, but I'd guess you will have 5k or so into a rebuild. Another $1200 for a trans rebuild if it's needed too.

These are fun cars and since it has high miles, you could actually use it once it's finished.

awsome, the paints very nice. Just needs the motor, I paid 3000 so bery happy. How do I find out what number in the 1551 production run iit is/.\

Congrats on the buy, $3K sounds good for everything you got. If you can post some pics up. You will need to order a PHS kit for your car. They will tell you what the production number is along with any other info they have on file. You can get it here, PHS Historic Services Keep us posted.

What are the last 6 digits of the vin #? There are a few people on this site that keep track of vin #'s, so you may be able to get an approximate idea of what your build number is.

Back