You can type here any text you want

TTA vs 02' Z28 rear end

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

postal

Peoples champ runner up
Are these the same or different strength wise? I have no idea about these rear ends. They could be the exact same rear as far as I know. I just no a guy locally has a 02' Z28 and he is looking to up grade the rear end. He said the Z28 guys are trashing their stock rear ends on 12 second cars. So it seams to me it must be some thing weaker than what we got.

Jason

ours are 9 bolt, their's are 10 bolts. Totally differnt rear end.

There is a local guy ran 10.30s on a 10 bolt.. but not the typical.. its not a problem of if but when. And its a 7.5 or 7.625 inch ring unlike the GN 10 bolt which is a 8.5. The 9 bolt is a 7.75, 4 pin center, and no c-clips.

cant break the 9 bolt.. the posi you can kill.. but our rear ends are pert strong as is.

HTH

Not to mention the 4th gen rear sticks out about 1/2 inch fast a third gens. They can use the 17's with no spacers unlike the third gen rears. And it has the abs euip. on them as well. The rear cool thing about the LS1 10bolts is the parking brake is hidden inside the disc. disc on the outside shoes in the center hub. nifty idea

Back