You can type here any text you want

TTA VSS GM or Aftermarket

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

terryk

I'm looking for a VSS generator from an 89 TTA 200R4.

Anybody have one to spare?

I tried to find the BW S8051 but no one has any references to it.

I do have a 4.9L Caddy VSS and I will see if it can be mod'd to work, but a real live TTA VSS is prefered.

Terryk
86 T-Type

Ok, then can someone tell me where a TTA is normally parked at night......

Ok, I located one that is parked outside most of the time. Can someone keep an eye out for cops?

I paid $300 for the last one on earth, only to find out I did'nt need it if you need one, and will give me my money back (plus shipping) give me a call and I will send you one still in the original box. thomasmpwhite@cs.com

I appreciate the sacrifice but I'm looking for something just a tad cheaper.

TK

300 bucks...yeeeeooowwww

Terry,dunno if this helps..but have you tried contacting Bruce Toelle,or Mike Kurtz..they work on a lot of these tranny's and may have a better clue.Might you have a GM part number for it?

Terryk: I was'nt trying to "get rich" off of you! I learnen a long time ago that if you really need the last of ????? available in the world, you pay what the owner wants. This VSS was in the original G.M. box in unopened condition, so I paid the mans price.
Thanks for your response. I think I will keep it as a "garage decoration" with the rest of the stuff I bought for my "TRANS AM from HELL" Thanx again.

Turbota,

I didn't take any offense. I know exactly what you are saying. I've run into the same thing on other cars finding the last remaining widget in the world (86 Ciera GT).

I can just install a 2 pole cable VSS if necessary but I'd like to have a stock appearing trans VSS. But for $300 one must be pragmatic. You wouldn't mind sending me the part number for your VSS would you?

Razor,

I've tried Bruce (he's near me), but he didn't have any suggestions. I'll try Mike Kurtz.

I tried to find the Borg Warner S8051 but no luck on it either. I'm sure a different one will fit though.

Thanks folks.

Terry

Turbota (or anone else)...

Can you tell me if your TTA VSS is stamped D9B, D9A or D9E?

Regards,

Terry

A bit more information:

Napa/Echlin lists it as either a:

ECHVSS216 if the stamping number is D9B (also crosses to the Borg Warner S8051.

ECHVSS213 if the stamping number is D9A (looks the same as the 216).

ECHVSS212 if the stamping number is D9E.

216 and 213 looks like the right size (a short stubby little guy). 212 looks too long.

Anyone?

106 miles to Chicago
We got a full tank of gas
1/2 pack of cigarettes
It's Dark
and wearing sunglasses

Back