Tta

84tt

Whatthehellisleakingnow!
Just thought that I would let you guys know about the TTA in today's paper HNL advertiser cars

If it is actually turbo or not that is another question.
:D

Hello, I went and saw the car, definitly a for-real TTA, cloth and t-tops, so it's not exactly a commonly-seen TTA, as most had leather seats. It has a few minor issues, but seems to run okay, and they installed a turbo timer and had the turbo rebuilt not long ago. I'm waiting for funds to become available so I can buy it. They're turning down people who aren't going to baby it, or who don't have a clue what a TTA even is. Seeign that I did know, they were very friendly with me and I look forward to seeign them shortly. It has 92-something on the clock, kinda high, but she didn't believe in garage queens. The low price reflects the higher mileage and the few non-functional items on the car, like A/C and the heater core is bypassed. Minor rust. Cloth interior looks very nice, starts and idles nice, but traffic didn't permit a test-drive, unfortunately.

Considering I've owned one other F-body besides the GTA I currently posess, I'm somewhat familiar with the quirks hte car shoudl throw at me, but I have little knowledge about the drivetrain, besides the Borg-Warner nine bolt and the 3.27 gears. Everythign forward of that, and I'm clueless. Hopefully, with this little forum, that will change!

Welcome to the "Hawaii Section" Ian...

Guys, I met Ian over at thirdgen.org.... he is planning on buying the TTA... lucky guy...

Was that Julie's car, Ian?

Hey Ian,
What a small world huh?? Didnt know you were looking for a TTA or I could have told you a long time ago. If you want to see the drivetrain than I could show you at work sometime as the GN is basically the same. Good luck in your quest.
Derek:cool:

Hey, cool, Derek, I'll have to hit you up for that, if I find the time.

Army MP - She's asking for a MUCH lower price then what they normally go for, but like I've alluded to, it has some issues and almost 100,000 miles, but nothing huge. If I can't get the loan, I'll let you go for it.

Hooray

I'm now an owner. I need a few things, but I'll get to them when I get some funds. First it's getting the catalytic convertor replaced. Anyone know of any good welders who can stick my brand new Catco convertor on the car for cheap? I screwed up a while back when I ordered it and didn't get one that had the OEM flanges on it, so I'd need to weld at least one end onto the exhaust piping.

Congrats Ian!! I guess Ill be seeing your new car at work in the near future. Hope all goes well with the cat. conv. replacement. Im not too sure who would be the cheapest person to have do that. Just put in a lot of OT!!
Derek:cool:

Seven grand even. COnsidering the Ebay history on these things, I got a pretty average price, I think.

Actually, you won't see it for some time at work, unless I end up loaning a car out or whatever. Not for a few weeks, anyway. I'll have to get some pictures of it, though, at the very least.

whoa crap,
you bought it from the big booby lady!
congrats!

i was looking at the car a while back.
great looking car.