You can type here any text you want

tta

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stagemonster

R.C. entourage
what numbers are on the stock chip for the tta. I dont have the stock chip in my tta and i have it in a case with the stock chip for my gn and iam try to tell the difference so i can put it back in my car.

I'll try to remember to look when I get home, I have the stock TTA and GN chips labeled in a bag in my chip drawer at home.

Thank you very much ive been wanting to put the stock chip back in my tta for some time now and havent been able to tell the difference between the 2 of them.

There is a silver sticker on the back side of the chip that covers the erase "window", on the GN its "BBKJ" which I remeber there were 2 different ones depending if it was the recall chip or not, and on the TTA chip it has "APXB" on it.

Used to be a page on gnttype.org that explained each of these codes but it appears that site is gone again.

Oh yeah, the stock TTA chip will have way to much timing at WOT for todays fuel, it has 26 degrees at 4400-4800 rpms WOT and the GN chip has 22 degrees.

I just saw this thread and it made me wonder if I could find my old files on these chips. Well I found them and just for your records the ecm adds to the main advance table so the actual spark advance comparision for TTA vs. GN at WOT is:

TTA at 4400 RPM and above, with airflow of 192 - 255 g/sec = 27.1 degrees
TTA at 3200 - 4400, with airflow of 192 - 255 g/sec = 21 - 25 degrees

GN at 3200 RPM and above, with airflow of 224 - 255 g/sec = 23.2 degrees

Back