You can type here any text you want

TTA's getting some SERIOUS respect

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chicagoTTA

Crack Baby
I'm looking to buy a ZR-1 to add to the stable.

Posted on a Vette board (a REAL popular one). Mentioned I have a TTA.

Damn me, but EVERY SINGLE PERSON with a mint 94/95 ZR-1 asked if I'd trade!!

Now, understand. The colors I'm considering have 14 or less EVER made. In some cases (Admiral blue/ grey) 5 made. Of those 5, how many would you bet STILL live??

And they not only KNOW of these sweet machines. They want to trade.

The cars I'm looking at, under 5k miles. Sometimes only FIVE EVER MADE realistically go for 45k + if they're desparate - strung out on crack - and in the middle of a messy divorce.

They are also an elite crowd. Not different than us. A C-4 is okay. Takes balls, knowledge and LOVE for a car to buy/own a ZR-1.

No different than we.

Just feels REAL good that we're finally getting respect from another quasi elite crowd I, and many of us may respect. ZR-1's are SWEET machines. Will a slightly modded TTA (with a good driver) walk a stock Z? Likely. But, none-the-less a good crowd who love great mechanic feats, and own (almost ;) ) equally great cars.

They are a VERY tight group too. But I couldn't help but brag about y'all. This forum, and the support network we have. From "hey, you don't know me from Adam, but I'm gonna be in XXXX city tomorrow... " and someone is there to meet up or help somehow - to "hey, here's a picture of the mystery part my dumb/drunk a$$ doesn't know what to do with..."

Really. ANYTHING I/we need... come here and we get it. Something as tiny as a picture of a map pocket emblem. I and 4 other guys were stumbling over each other to post the picture we just took for that guy at the same time.

We really support each other. No matter how elementary the question. No matter now 'new' this newbie might be. We take care of our own. And I am proud and greatful myself...

*que sappy music and misty eyes*

Anyway...

We're no longer the (happy) bastard step-children we assume we are.

True, at most stoplights in the country no one knows. But TRUE car aficionados and lovers do. Moreover, they ALL WANT ONE. EVERY SINGLE ONE asked me if I'd sell it or trade.

At most stoplights, no one knows a ZR-1 either. If ANYONE knows a TTA or ZR-1, almost NONE have actually seen one.

Hopefully, we'll at least have a fraction of the ZR-1's future value!

Either way, just a real 'feel good' kind of thing.

Hopefully I didn't waste your time with this. Just really think y'all would appreciate this virtual 'Wazzzzup'.

M

Originally posted by davege
ChicagoTTA,
Which ZR-1 board are you posting on?
Thanks,
Dave
-----------------------------------------------------
Yeah, what davege asked?

Corvetteforum.com ...

Wasn't sure if there is some unwritten rule about posing URL's to other sites.:cool:

Where on corvetteforum?
What section, &
no, there is no rules about posting url's
I looked on the forum this am & couldn't find anything

Originally posted by davege
ChicagoTTA,
Which ZR-1 board are you posting on?
Thanks,
Dave
-----------------------------------------
FWIW & IMHO:
Don't be counting your chicks before they hatch, Dave.
I think that those guys were talking ZR1 Monogram models.
I have some play money that I will trade you for yours.
I am still hoping for pics, sir.

Nice Wells.

I obviously wasn't implying that it would have been an even trade. Ours are simply not worth that much (yet). Although, there certainly are a few years of Z's that would go for roughly 20k in decent shape. Merely trying to point out that several of the respected members there have an appreciation for these cars as well. You'd have to be exceptionally stupid to think that they would trade heads up, even dumber to assume that's what I was implying.

What would you possibly gain by trying to take thread that passed along what I took as a genuine compliment to us and these cars and trash it?

Your mother and father were obviously brother and sister.

And I amend my previous statement. *MOST* here are good hearted, nice people who help. *MOST* don't go out of their way to try to be an a$$ for absolutely no reason.

You're a real class act.:rolleyes:

I read the entire thread in that link and didn't see a single ZR1 owner mention anything about a TTA... ?

Need I post the PM's? I was posting there looking to buy. In the PM's that resulted, I was asked *EVERY TIME* if I was interested in a trade.

AGAIN I say, it should be painfully obvious that would not be an EVEN trade. Simple math.

This is getting rediculous.

And the point is obviously escaping some here.

:rolleyes:

FWIW & IMHO:
Yes, I read something different in your thread. Seemed like you were trolling to me.
I also did not see any offers to trade, up, down, or sideways.
----------------------------------------------------------
"Damn me, but EVERY SINGLE PERSON with a mint 94/95 ZR-1 asked if I'd trade!!"

Every one? They must want to get rid of those cars pretty bad. Most people with a car approximating the value of a mint94/95 ZR1 generally do not want to take trades unless they are having trouble getting out of their car what they think that the vehicle is worth or what they want for it.

And the Pontiac Turbo Trans Am's are worth at least a fraction of what the ZR1's are worth.

And I will give you the common courtesy of not discussing your parents here.
Have a nice day.

Yeah, I'm a real f'in moron- sorry.

Congratulations on the offers and good luck in your search. Admiral Blue is beautiful. I have a full quart of Dark Cloissonne Blue/Admiral Blue that I got when I used to paint cars waiting for a few more quarts of it to paint my Z28. I might mix it with the Toyota Royal Sapphire Pearl I have to make a custom color.

Hope your day gets better...

(Rhetoric rant)- I own my TTA because I want to, not because I'm fishing for "respect" and get all jazzed up when somebody has heard of a TTA or knows what a TTA is capable of. There seems to be an inferiority/step child complex among some TTA owners, and it's mildly amusing. My day doesn't begin and end with checking Ebay TTA prices and/or counting how many people acknowledged my TTA is different than a normal 85-90 TA/GTA. If my TTA didn't appreciate a nickel in the next 10 years, I wouldn't love it any more or less than I do today. So yeah, I guess the point is escaping me.:rolleyes:

FWIW & IMHO:
I am currently looking for a very low mileage, pristine hardtop tta so it's noe exactly like I don't like them, respect them, nor is it like I have a problem with the "red-headed stepchild, no one wants me complex". I am just not going to commit suicide if someone doesn't acknowledge me or them. Definitely good luck in your search for a ZR1.

FWIW & IMHO:
ChicagoTTA:
Just out of my idle curiousity, why do you want a 94-95 ZR1 anyway. doesn't the TTA satisfy your lust for speed, handling, braking, exclusiveness, and all the other parameters?

Zero - Sorry, wasn't trying to imply anything disrespectful toward you. Was just frustrated. I understand and agree with you. I love it for me and my enjoyment alone. And don't base it's worth on others. Just thought it was kinda cool. That said, it's almost more fun to know that few recognize the car.

But I agree and certainly no disrespect intended. I'm not like that.

Do have to admit that it's fun to have a conversation with someone on the streets who knows (or heard) of these cars. Doesn't affect my opinion of the car. But it's sometimes fun to talk to others who know of or appreciate them too. Do I care if they don't? No.

Wells - sorry to unleash on you like that. Maybe I grossly misunderstood what you did/said and why. Sounded like you were trying to insult me/embarass me without provocation and for no reason. If I misunderstood, sorry.

If I didn't misunderstand, then I've said my peace and I'll leave it at that. Not worth arguing about something petty. On the 'Net at that.

It seemed that most (or at least some) here are a little concerned, caught up in, or otherwise bummed by the market for these. Which was one main reason I posted what I did. I can certainly see how that may have come off as sounding like I was overly excited about it. Mostly, just made me think that maybe the market (which I could care less about really since I can't see selling this car) may not be like the TA's of other years. And that this may someday really be a specialty car worth good cash. Sort of like the 68 (I think?) pace convertable Camaro. Again, doesn't really matter.

But haven't we all had a car that we sold (I had a 68 RS/SS with 14k miles in 91, sold for 6G's. Perfect condition) only to later find how hard (or costly maybe) to replace? Which then prevents us (usually) from being able to replace it. I certainly have, and I'm still kicking my own a$$ for it.

94-95 ZR-1's you asked. Mainly because of the rarity. Roughly 500 or so as compared to the 2000 of the first 3 years. Second, the HP change (375 to 405 which happened in 93 I believe). And I really want an Admiral Blue which didn't come out till 94.

Not really caring at all about exclusiveness or other superficial motivations.

Anyway, appears to be a dead horse here. Most certainly didn't need to turn into this cluster f*ck.

Peace.

I have both cars (90 zr1 368 and TTA hardtop) and I have to say that those two cars will never leave my garage, I love them both. The 94/95 ZR1 are one of the best corvettes ever made, you simply cant go wrong with those years.

Back