You can type here any text you want

ttops

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jerritt

Hey guys I'm trying to find a shop to replace all seals around ttops and doors and align windows with new motors any suggestions around Maryland? There was a guy in pa who I talked to a while ago but I can't remember the name of the shop any ideas? Thanks everyone

No I don't think so does a name Pete ring any bells I'm not 100% on it but I think it was at kirbins performance maybe

I'm doing my own while it's down this winter. So far it's not a hard job... about 12 screws, a flat blade screw driver and a couple of hours and it was apart. The rest of the day I spent scraping and using a wire wheel and the old seals were out :) (of the T tops anyway) I was so overjoyed to find NO rust :)

I replaced all my weather stripping myself too. Wasn't hard. Jus time consuming. Luckily I only had to do minimal scraping & had very little surface rust. I just cleaned it & used a lil' Por15 to seal the surface rust. After that dried I installed the new stripping. I used very little sealant because where I live it doesn't rain often. Overall, was pretty easy.

Windows were a lil' tricky. But for the most part I managed.

I'm doing my own while it's down this winter. So far it's not a hard job... about 12 screws, a flat blade screw driver and a couple of hours and it was apart. The rest of the day I spent scraping and using a wire wheel and the old seals were out :) (of the T tops anyway) I was so overjoyed to find NO rust :)

Down for the winter? In Florida? Come on man I'm wearing a t-shirt right now. It was 76ºF a couple days ago.

Lol. I'd love to be driving mine if I had a motor in it :) My buddy was like HEY LET'S GET EVERYBODY AND GO FOR A CRUISE! I just looked at him and gave him the finger :)

Well I have the seals in I just can't get the window to press into the seals to save my life lol o and I got plenty of those jokes to while my motor was out lol jokes were over when it was together and they could only see taillights haha

And you can be pistoff enough to sell it cheap but NOBODY wants it until its running perfect and you can't go anywhere without someone offering to buy it.

Back