You can type here any text you want

tubular k member

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GMV6TURBOPOWER

i have my engine out and have been thinking about dropping a few pounds and getting a tubular k member. bmr does not make for our cars .spohn is working on one and they are thinking about doing one for our cars either way their k member is due out in about 6 weeks.i saw a tta at jack cottons that has a paracing.com tubular k member .i don't know if it's custom or what ? i never heard of them before but their site looks pretty nice. does anybody know anyone that makes a tubular k member for our tta's. and any good or bad on this subject.any thoughts appreciated.

Steve TTA850 think he ran one. He developed cracks in the strut towers.. guess the original adds strength to the cheese ball GM front frame.

On a street car.. best thinks about it. For a track car.. may be a possibility.

As always.. careful what ya ask for.. and I dont think it will add any value to the car.

Sorry for my bias.. i'm against it... for now :rolleyes:

I think Pa Racing makes one. Just search around on google. I was thinking about getting one to take that extra weight off the front end also. If BMR makes one I would probably go with theirs since they have a very good reputation and build a nice quality product.

bmr does not make one specifically for our cars.as i stated i saw one of the pa racing ones in jack cottons shop but i never heard of them and i don't know the details on who put motor mounts on it.will call pa racing tomorrow. has anybody else had bad experiences with one of these?my brother put a bmr k member and all the goodies on his 4th gen and street dove it for about 10,000 miles and beat the crap out of it every shift and never had a problem???

Like Razor said I had one in my car for a few years, along with tubular a-arms and coilovers all from PA. The quality of the parts was nice but I developed cracks in the strut towers and outward dents/cracks on both fenders. I have scince went back to stock front end. Funny thing is even though the car is now 100# heavier, and all in the nose, it 60fts better and gets the wheels up on almost any launch.

411384_32_full.jpg

If I were to do it again I wouldnt do the coilovers and see how it goes, but in my opinion there are better places to spend money on these cars unless it's an all out race car. I'm stuck with no trailer and have to drive my car everywhere so I'll stick with the stock stuff.

HTH,
Steve

I have one that uses the stock front springs ... coilover's are goin to crack !!! I also have one for sale here if your interested ... Its also set up to use the stock springs :biggrin:

TTA850 said:
Like Razor said I had one in my car for a few years, along with tubular a-arms and coilovers all from PA. The quality of the parts was nice but I developed cracks in the strut towers and outward dents/cracks on both fenders. I have scince went back to stock front end. Funny thing is even though the car is now 100# heavier, and all in the nose, it 60fts better and gets the wheels up on almost any launch.

411384_32_full.jpg

If I were to do it again I wouldnt do the coilovers and see how it goes, but in my opinion there are better places to spend money on these cars unless it's an all out race car. I'm stuck with no trailer and have to drive my car everywhere so I'll stick with the stock stuff.

HTH,
Steve

Hey you painted the white front bumper :eek: .. wrong color tho.. should of painted the car to match the bumper :rolleyes: hehe

My car never pulls the wheels.. maybe I need to get rid of the front sway bar still attached to the control arms :wink:

I have the PA Racing one with stocks springs. I agree, for street use I did not want to use the coil-overs.

It is a nice piece and it's definitely the ticket if you are thinking about a girdle. Otherwise - you absolutely don't need it :)

I believe it has been proven that it's not needed for a girdle. Just ask Razor. ;)

Jicaju said:
I believe it has been proven that it's not needed for a girdle. Just ask Razor. ;)

Yup... on stock motor mounts.. Pioneer brand.. hehe

And proven not needed to go fast.. :wink:

Grumpy said:
it does create a lot of room :eek:

Will someone just buy this thing from Dan. He really needs the room.. and it makes cleaning the oil drips easier.

Razor said:
Will someone just buy this thing from Dan. He really needs the room.. and it makes cleaning the oil drips easier.
accually the spare I have is the one Mikie was goin with and then he sold the car .... hmmm selling my car .....now thats an idea !! :eek: :biggrin:

Jicaju said:

My point was as Dan said, it makes it easier, not that it's a necessity.

Back