You can type here any text you want

Tubular K members?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PHD of Hotrods
I emailed with Mike(TTA89) awhile back. I was wondering if anyone had or was getting a new K member and if so which one........mild steel or chromemoly?

I ve left a message at Perf auto and am waiting a return call.....

The question I have is if the oem front suspension is a bolt on.....and later I can go tube a arms etc... if I want?

On the up side I actually worked on the car last night!

I have one also,chrome moly(had it for a while-before they started doing them with V6 mounts :( figures as much-more work for me :( )

As far as I know you can upgrade the arms at a later date,you can even upgrade to the coilover setup though the extra mounts for the stock springs will always be there.

Steve

Dan (Grumpy) is going to order me the mild steel one with the correct V6 mounts. I asked around and the chromoloy is supposed to be for racecar use only. Its 19 pounds lighter than the mild steel.

All the stock suspension pieces are supposed to bolt to it but its not in yet so I can't confirm that.

Its an aftermarket part, how many actually work the way they are supposed too ;)

i have the pa racing k-member with the manual rack i made the v6 mounts by adding some flatstock to the back and some struting i have stock a arms and a bumpsteer kit and stock springs and mine is mild steel

george

i have the chromoly k-member in my 89 IROC

the chromoly is only a few lbs lighter than the mild steel

the worries have been that when you use chromoly it is lighter yes, but is much more easily broken because it is thinner

this is

WRONG

i've talked to jason about it and he uses 1" thick DOM tubing for his chromoly stuff and he's never had a failure on the street

Originally posted by 1320
I emailed with Mike(TTA89) awhile back. I was wondering if anyone had or was getting a new K member and if so which one........mild steel or chromemoly?

The question I have is if the oem front suspension is a bolt on.....and later I can go tube a arms etc... if I want?

On the up side I actually worked on the car last night!

I have the PA K-member (Mild steel w/Arms for coilovers) thought everything bolted up fine.

Everything they told me was CORRECT,Bolted up right,When I had a question,I called and they helped me out.

1 note:

I believe I have the 180# springs ,I think it could of possibly used 200#rs

Forgot to mention,Like all online car parts places It seems that E-MAIL is a useless way to contact them:mad:

JW

Thats good to hear but I can t even get ahold of them????:rolleyes:

I ve called, and called.........only got a machine once so I left a message......the other times it just rang.....:(

I also e mailed them but havn t heard a word......:rolleyes:

Does someone have an inside line?

they are

VERY BUSY

it is hard for them to keep up with production....

give them some time and they'll email you back

you aint kiddin - excellent work definatly but I been waiting on a replacement(my original hit the tie rods)now for like 2+ months :(

Steve

Back