tuning at track advice

turbo84gn

I'd rather be waterskiing
Dad and I plan to take his 87 to the track somtime in the next month during a test and tune to see what it will really do, fine tune the car, and have a little fun. We plan to hit Osceola Dragway near South Bend, Indiana on Friday's test and tune.

First, anyone know how many passes I could expect to get at that track on a typical Friday night?

What order should I do my adjusments in? If I only get 3 passes, what would you focus in on? What should I do before I go?

Here is the car. Assume everything is stock unless otherwise stated.
87 GN
rebuilt 3.8, bored .030 over
Cotton's roller lifter cam kit with double roller chain
HRParts motor mount on driver side (new stock mount on passenger side)
tie-down strap
TA-49
3" TH downpipe with dump
CAS 1.5 intercooler
42# Injectors
Accufab adjustable FP regulator
Mildly ported heads
K&N Cone filter
Cat missing :rolleyes:
Rebuilt 200-4R with shift kit and new 2800 stall converter (Level10)
air bags in coil springs (and hopefully not in driver seat)
stock posi
upgraded fuel pump and wiring
Red Armstrong chip (running rich by the way, probably should update. Chip is a good 5 years old). This combination was put togethor some time ago, but Dad just got car back from body shop that had it for three years (yes I said 3 YEARS, but that's another topic :mad: )

I think that's the important stuff (there's more, but prolly won't affect speed). I'm using a laptop with Turbo-Link (DOS version), I'm out in the country and have about 1/8 mile of "safe" road in front of my house.

What should I have set ahead of time, what should I focus on when there? This will be our first time driving at the track. Purpose is to fine tune for the street. Body too nice to make a track car, and Dad wants it to last quite a while.

Any advice appreciated.