You can type here any text you want

Tuning help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

robs0574

Hi everyone new to the site and new to turbo buicks!!! looking for some help on tuning i just installed 42# injectors fuel pressure regulator a 60 series turbonetics turbo, boost controller and a new fuel pump. Where should i set my fuel pressure regulator and boost at? What kind of fuel should i run? I also have a chip coming from cottons but its not in yet. BTW its a 87 buick gn stock engine. Thanks for all the help

fuel pressure

Hi everyone new to the site and new to turbo buicks!!! looking for some help on tuning i just installed 42# injectors fuel pressure regulator a 60 series turbonetics turbo, boost controller and a new fuel pump. Where should i set my fuel pressure regulator and boost at? What kind of fuel should i run? I also have a chip coming from cottons but its not in yet. BTW its a 87 buick gn stock engine. Thanks for all the help

base fuel pressure should be set at 42 to 43 lbs with vacuum line off and plugged [finger over the line usually works] boost should be around 15lbs on 93 octane with out a alcohol kit.On straight 110 octane you can run around 20 lbs boost with out to much worry.Take it easy on turning up the boost until you have the equipment [scan tool,knock gauge]to get a handle on what your car likes.Welcome aboard and try not to break anything to soon,that might turn you off to turbo buicks. george

thanks for the help ill start at the 42# range. i will also look into a scan tool looking to get this car into the high elevens to low twelves thanks for the reply

yep Geoge pretty much summed it up, get scan tool...the scanmaster is always helpfull, data logger is nice

get them and look into a wideband O2 for tuning

welcome

Back