You can type here any text you want

Tuning in SW Chicago

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dnovot1

Anyone know or a "good" shop i could take my car to for tuning. right now i am just getting frustrated, and think it may be time to take it to a pro. any input would be great. Thanks in advance.

Hestitation, followed by pulling like a champ, then falling on it's face. I have a turbolink, but it seems so slow to get readings with one reading every 3 or so seconds.

I am willing to help you if you like. I have all the needed equipment and a lift.
As a favor to a fellow GN owner

are you located anywhere near nw side? i'm at belmont and harlem.could use some help trying to get this thing running

Anyone know or a "good" shop i could take my car to for tuning. right now i am just getting frustrated, and think it may be time to take it to a pro. any input would be great. Thanks in advance.

There are some great guys on this board like Rick, Dave and others whom are willing to help. They are very knowledgeable. They had there share of problems and figured it out the hard way. I will take up there offer in a heart beat.
Most of the shops have no clue about what the hell they are doing with our Buicks. Besides, there are no shops around here that will take there time and help you iron out all of your issues, time is money and faster they roll you out the next car can come in.
Let these guys take you under their wings. We all learn together as we go along. No one can take a good care of your car the way you do.

Good luck

Prasad

I am located near 294 and I55 in the west burbs

PM me if interested

Prasad hit the nail on the head. Not allot of shops that know our cars. Pro-Trac is one exception. Dennis has been working on TB's for a long time and knows them well. Me personally, I would rather someone teach me and work with me through the problems. I have learned and passed on what I know to several people on the board. They now know and understand their car allot better. For what you would pay for towing, you can have a knowledgeable member of the board come to your house and diagnose and fix the problem faster than any local shop. Thats well worth it in my book.

Prasad hit the nail on the head. Not allot of shops that know our cars. Pro-Trac is one exception. Dennis has been working on TB's for a long time and knows them well. Me personally, I would rather someone teach me and work with me through the problems. I have learned and passed on what I know to several people on the board. They now know and understand their car allot better. For what you would pay for towing, you can have a knowledgeable member of the board come to your house and diagnose and fix the problem faster than any local shop. Thats well worth it in my book.

AMEN BROTHER!

Thanks Guys

i will be in contact as soon as my new chip comes in. I am always looking to learn more about these cars. if anyone is monkeying around on the weekends in the garage and needs a hand let me know.

Can't say enough about the Chicagoland Buick crowd. Rick and Dennis have been a HUGE help to me over the past few years. No way I would be able to do what I've done to my cars without their help. I've also gotten help and advice from others like Prasad, Surej, Nick, Filly, etc etc.:cool: :cool:

There are a bunch of great guys here in the Chicagoland area who will bend over backwards to help others out. Nice to see more local Buicks:cool:

Back