You can type here any text you want

Tuning issues when cold.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

foxspy

Hey guys,

Now that the weather is starting to cool down I can start tuning the really cold starts and warm-ups w/ my bank-bank FAST w/ wide band.

Here's my setup:
502"
10.2:1 compression ratio
242/248@.050", .541/.562 lift, 112 lobe seperation
1000cfm TB
40lb/hr injectors

My issues:

The engine runs really well when fully warm. It's the cold starts and warm-up that I'm having problems with. It seems that the problem is w/ the IAT enrichment. With the coolant temp and IAT around 35*, it'll start right up, and run for about 1/2 second, then die. When I start it up again, it stays running, always stays running on the second go around. My revs before after start enrichment vs coolant temp is at 5revs all the way across the board, and decay is pretty high across the board, it seems like it has worked best that way so far. My enrichment % is pretty high as well, my after start vs CTS is around 55-60% at 35*. My warm-up enrichment vs coolant temp is at 22% at 35*. Is it common to have really low warm-up enrichments, say less than 10% at really cold temps?

I can have the coolant temp enrichment near 0% and it'll still runs rich when cold, and slowly leans out. I'm pretty sure it's the ECU reading the IAT, adding fuel when cold, and leaning out as it increases. I've heard to leave this table at 0%, but it seems that my ECU is adding too much fuel when cold, and taking too much out when it gets hotter than when I tuned. My IAT sensor is in my open air filter element, so my IATs are probably higher than normal w/o a cold air intake type. It's not going into closed loop until 150*.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Okay,

After looking at the sensors more closely, it seems that it's showing my AFT% to be at 35% for a long period of time, like 5-10 minutes, and then slowly leans out.

On the After Start Decay Rate vs Coolant temp, how long does it take? I do not have a crank reference sensor, so how does the ecu know when to decay the after start enrichment out?

Back