tuning my freshly built motor

87TIGN

Death by boost
Got my car running and now I need to tune it. I have the TPS set about .42 with the car off and my FP set at 43lbs. It was at about 39lbs when I first started it and my O2 at idle was approx 368 and when I set it at 43lbs at idle my O2 went up to 472. i know it should fluctuate around 800 and when at WOT should be 840 or so correct? So I have a feeling it is still to lean. Tips on how to get it right? Alos what other sensors or levels do I need to check and or set? Want this car to run perfect. I am running methanol also with razors progressive alky kit most of the other stuff is in my sig. any questions please dont hesitate to ask. Thanks
Andrew

I would invest in a LC-1 before you start trying to tune. you got a really nice setup just spend another 200 bucks so you can see what your motor is really doing.

LC-1? What is that software? I have a scanmaster 2.1 right now. If I were to get software I would have to buy a laptop right?

the best thing for you would be a powerlogger. the LC-1 is a wideband setup. you wont need a laptop to view the info since you have a SM but it would be well worth getting a cheap 100 dollar laptop to view the powerlogger program

Where can I find a laptop for cheap? Any ideas? What power logger should I go with?

Tuning

Until you can get all the LC-1/laptop software, go easy and use your EGT/02's to start dialing her in then once you get the WB then fine tune.. Turn the boost down to 14/15psi and take a few runs, make sure your FP is 1:1 with boost and check out EGTs. Haven't up graded to wideband yet but have gotten by using EGTs rather then relying totaly on stock 02's to dial her in. If she's fat turn the boost up a lb at at time and so on. Once your at 20 or in the 20's wait for WB/LC-1 and fine tune with all you got. Unless she's still obviously fat. When you get her dialed if you don't mind could you post the EGT, WB02 , AFR values.. TIA

My wife has gotten 3 refurbished laptops off e-bay 2 Dells a Compaq(one I'm using right now) for under 1000 bucks, some good deals, they work great.

Congrats on a new rebuild have fun..

THanks you so much for that info and I will absolutely post everything I find. But if my FP and boost are 1:1 wont it be way lean? My FP is at about 43psi right now which is what it says to start off with for my TT chip and my Meth instructions. The lower it goes the more it will knock wont it? Maybe Im missing something obvious please help.
-Andrew

FPG and Boost gauge

Shouldn't have said it in a ratio about confused myself. What I meant is if your Fuel pressure gauge is reading lets say 43psi and you make a WOT blast at 20psi of Boost. As your Boost gauge goes up the fuel pressure should go up simutaneously pound for pound/psi for psi. So when you are at 20lbs of boost at WOT your Fuel preesure gauge should be reading 63psi, it shoud have gone up 20psi. If it's not you're not getting the fuel you need to run safely, your pump isn't supplying the fuel demand to run 20psi of boost. Hope this helps sorry about the way I tried to communicate this info. Kind of like telling your girlfriend or wife " Babe You look more like you do today then when I first met you!"

He means for every llb of boost your fuel should go up equally. 43 psi fuel with 15 llbs boost you should have 58 psi fuel press at wot. You can run a fuel gage off your fuel rail and tape it to your wind shield to check. HTH

sorry ChavoLC2 didn't see your post till too late

Shouldn't have said it in a ratio about confused myself. What I meant is if your Fuel pressure gauge is reading lets say 43psi and you make a WOT blast at 20psi of Boost. As your Boost gauge goes up the fuel pressure should go up simutaneously pound for pound/psi for psi. So when you are at 20lbs of boost at WOT your Fuel preesure gauge should be reading 63psi, it shoud have gone up 20psi. If it's not you're not getting the fuel you need to run safely, your pump isn't supplying the fuel demand to run 20psi of boost. Hope this helps sorry about the way I tried to communicate this info. Kind of like telling your girlfriend or wife " Babe You look more like you do today then when I first met you!"

Makes MUCH more sense now... Thanks so much for your time and help really appreciate it guys... I will post as soon as I get my new turbo and can start running my car again.

P.S. LOVE IT haha thats funny " Babe You look more like you do today then when I first met you!"

-Andrew