You can type here any text you want

Tuning With The Extender Chip & Translator Plus

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AKTURBOTA

I have a 89 TTA and have upgraded from a TA49 and 38# injectors to PT61 with 60# MotoTron injectors. I have the the Extender Chip PNBSO54B1F and the Translator Plus as well.

The Translator Plus settings are as follows:

Base MAF = 5 (lean idle with LT1 MAF)
WOT MAF = 0
Base Spark = E (timing retard 4 degrees since the chip has 23/19 and I run 92 octane on the street)
WOT Spark = 0

Extender Chip Settings:

Fuel Pressure = 45#'s
All setting are default except for:
WOT TCC lockup at 73 mph
Cruise TCC lockup at 50 mph
Lean Cruise Option Selected

I am running Turbo Link as my scan tool. I did a WOT run this morning from a dead stop on a rural road up to 104 mph. My O2 volts were 860 at launch and didn't drop to 800 until 80 mph and from there it was 795 until approximately 104 mph when it reached 773. The MAF readings were consistently 136 to 145 during the run and was 149 at 104 mph. Boost ranged from 16 to 17 PSI. Ignition retard ranged from 1.2 to 4.9 degrees. In summary at the top of 3rd gear the following held true:

O2 Volts = 773
MAF = 149
Retard = 1.2 degrees
Boost = 16.5 PSI
RPM = 4,825

I think the car is running too rich, but at the top of 3rd gear it is perfect. I think that I am going to tweak parameter 15 in the Extender Chip reducing the default value from 8 to 6 effectively leaning WOT Fuel in 1st and 2nd gear by 4%.

Am I on the right track to get my car in a better state of tune for the street?

Eagerly awaiting advice in Eagle River, AK
Mark

I'd say yes

Mark,

I have pretty much the same set-up as you do, same extender too except for 50's.

Basically my street setup w/ the T+ is a mirror of yours..:D

Only difference I'm running 42# FP, and have the WOT MAF set
at +4% I should run the FP up to 45 as recommended and lean out 1st and 2nd with the extender. But this is working so far. My 02 are 820-30's in low gear and 790-800's in 3rd. I've had the T+ and extender less than a month so I need to do more playing. It is awesome.:)

Parameter 15 should do the trick.

Re: I'd say yes

Originally posted by 1BADDAM
Mark,

I have pretty much the same set-up as you do, same extender too except for 50's.

Basically my street setup w/ the T+ is a mirror of yours..:D

Only difference I'm running 42# FP, and have the WOT MAF set
at +4% I should run the FP up to 45 as recommended and lean out 1st and 2nd with the extender. But this is working so far. My 02 are 820-30's in low gear and 790-800's in 3rd. I've had the T+ and extender less than a month so I need to do more playing. It is awesome.:)

Parameter 15 should do the trick.

I am curious to know what kind of WOT MAF #'s you have with your car?

Mark

Re: Re: I'd say yes

Originally posted by AKTURBOTA
I am curious to know what kind of WOT MAF #'s you have with your car?

Mark

Mark

Sorry to get back late. Finally got time to play with the car this weekend, just swapped out IC's for a GN version with a Dutt. neck. It actually made a noticable difference, awesome for a $50 mod. Boost went up 3 psi.

160 gr/sec (peak) with 20#'s boost, convertor unlocked.

If your chip timing is set at 23/19, and you have the Spark base set to retard 4 degrees, that would give you a 19/15 setting right? Isn't that a little low even for 92 octane? Most 92 octane chips are set at 19-20 all across right?

Back