Turbine housings

B

brewmeister7

I've seen alot of posts about this subject recently.I have been experimenting on .82 vs. .62 A/R compatibility thing.I have concluded that the housings are interchangable with the same CHRA and mounting brackets(beautiful thing)Also,I've also used 78'exhaust manifolds on later engines.These items are much more durable than the weak tubular models.But a weight penalty is to be paid.The port issue can be solved by using a late model header gasket as a template and grinding away the excess material for that free breathing effect.So don't throw em away if you have a set...

The best manifolds in my opinion are the 79/80 peices. They are already the high ports, durable cast iron and are as large ID as the 83/85 tube headers.

There's a link to pictures in the sticky thread.

I believe that the manifolds are prob. better than the headers also. Just look at how many cracked headers are floating around out there. It seems as though they're all cracked or have cracked & been repaired.

Thats good to know that the turbine housings are interchangable. That just leaves one question from me... is anyone interested in selling a .63 turbine housing? :D

Ben

Good luck....Seems like the ratio of .82's to .63's is about 20:1.I go to alot of swap meets,took me a year to find one.Maybe I was just unlucky.Found one deep in a corner taken completely apart.But,upon close inspection,there was the golden nugget.Center section had bad seals..got it for a 20 spot.Keep on looking.One will come to you eventually.