You can type here any text you want

Turbo boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scturbo22

At max or close to max boost (16 pounds), popping and chatter noise. Runs fine building boost slowly until it's gets close to full boost.....running too lean??? Please help!

Post some info on the set up, some data log info.........Pretty difficult to t/s without a single piece of info.

Thanks for info. When I "get on it" and hit full boost, starts popping and chatter (sounds like loose parts). Just had replaced 42# injectors , no tune. Kiran "said it may be running lean....hard to say". Once again, thanks for info.

KIRBAN..........Still no info, no tune. I'm guessing no fuel psi ga, no Scanmaster, knock ga, to gather info Suggest you stay out of the WOT pulls, as the noise may well end up w/ you driving over the crank...

Just like Chuck said stay out of WOT until you have some type of scan tool. Is the service light on? You can throw parts at it until your blue in the face. Still running stock MAF? You said you changed to 42's did you have this problem before the change?

You said Thanks. No scan or knock gauge. Fuel pressure is good with vac line on and off.

You should have 1 lb of FP for every lb of boost but your going to need a gauge up in the windshield you can see. If your lean one of the injectors may be bad or the pump is failing.? There are so many things it can be some type of scan tool is a must.

Last edited:
Car was running well with 42# injector combo from TT. 2 went bad (?). Running stock maf. Replace with new 42#. Going to get tune... may be running lean??... I have no clue....

Have boost gauge. Car runs fine on slow boost surge till 14/15+ pounds.

So if your turn the car down to 14 ibs it runs fine? Get a FP gauge so you can see as you build boost. For example if your set at 43 line off, 14lbs should be 57 on the FP gauge.

Definitely get a Scanmaster For common diagnostic readings

Scanmaster, colder plugs (?) and tune(running lean?) this week. Thanks for input....see how things go.

Don't want to that happen....I see what going on after scanmaster install and tune. (I hope)..

Back