You can type here any text you want

Turbo boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Sounds like loose metal after popping/backfire (?). Never stay in it....heard it twice on test run. Never WOT when testing because of popping and chatter. Runs ok up to 14 pds. or so. Waiting on scanmaster.

Don't expect someone to help for nothing..... Just trying to get car right for wife before operation that is needed.

As mention before you need to add engine data, stock or modified
Once you receive the Scanmaster post the data for board member to help you
Look into this site as this may help you with spring cleaning and basic tuning
http://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html

Could be something as simple as a dirty fuel filter. Or you might have more serious issues like a weak fuel pump or weak wiring. Mechanical stuff is just as much a part of the tune as calibration is, if not more so.

Thanks for the help/input from all....car was over boosting, running little rough. Boost controller, colder plugs, scanmaster added,...car running well.

Thanks for the help/input from all....car was over boosting, running little rough. Boost controller, colder plugs, scanmaster added,...car running well.

Good to hear it. (I hope) and am glad you didn't hurt anything. Did you get a boost gauge with that order? Or did you have one already? You never mentioned it overboosting before. You said it went to 14lbs. That's not overboosting. Unless you were looking at those idiot LED boost lights only.

Had gauges...never took over 15pounds(according to gauge)......starting popping and chattering, let off before any damage (head gasket, etc.)

Sorry i didnt respond earlier(been sick)..Aeromotive... boost issue is fixed. Having issue with "dead peddle/throttle" after running car for 45 min or so. Only happens for few seconds...

I'm not picking on you, but you need to read and listen to the board members who are trying to help in your needs
Go back to basic and starts posting some data so board members can start from the data you are going to post
WARM THE ENGINE FIRST BEFORE POSTING ANY DATA
Fill in the Scanmaster Display Readings:

02 -
AF -
L8 -
bAt -
Int -
bL -
MPH -
CLt -
AtS -
r RPM -
tPS -
IAC -
cc -
MAL -
If possible the following:
Oil pressure -
Vacuum -

Here is a copy of the Scanmaster in case you misplaced yours

Attachments

I hear u...going thru data today. What do u think I should be looking for as far as data("dead peddle")...??

When cruising at normal speeds,.... when i let off gas to slow down or coast, hesitates for few seconds and then runs normal for little bit. Only does it after car has been running for 30 min or so.

You need a top to bottom tune-up before even attempting to have a soundworthy car you can beat on.

Back