You can type here any text you want

Turbo bracket

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DailyDrifter

The Slow and the Curious
is this bracket really nessesary. I'm talking about the one that goes from the block to the turbo.

Yes

I would say it is definately needed. If it is removed, over time the weight of the turbo AND down pipe will work against and stress the exhaust manifold. This could possibly develope cracks where the ports from the head empty into the larger tube.

I would say it is definately needed. If it is removed, over time the weight of the turbo AND down pipe will work against and stress the exhaust manifold. This could possibly develope cracks where the ports from the head empty into the larger tube.
Ditto !! They are put there from the factory for a purpose.I don't think it would be worth it to find out, imagine all those " I told you so ";)

Unless you can't use it due to a bigger turbo or something, I would use it.

Mine was rusty and pitted. I had the powder coater guy bead blast it and coat it with ceramichrome. It came out great!

Does anyone know the size of the bolts to put the bracket back on? I lost mine:confused:

The two bolts common to the the cylinder head are 10mm x 1.5 thread and are about 1" long. The factory bolts have a odd 13mm head size. (normally 10mm bolts have a 15mm wrench size.) The lower bolt is also cad plated for better conductivity, as this is where the battery ground cable attatches to. The two studs on the turbo are 8mm x 1.25 and use flange nuts.

I can say for sure the bracket is needed. I bought a car and the bracket was all bent to heck thus the turbo was only supported by the header. After removing the header, I can't believe the turbo didn't just fall off the car. The up pipe portion was cracked almost the full diameter and had also started to spider down to the header tubes. Basically the header and bracket are junk. Keep the bracket if you can. If not, sell it to me :p

Back