TURBO BUICK MECHANIC/TUNER NEED IN GA.

View attachment 215005
Enjoyed meeting some good folks today at hOOters in GA.

Hooter's manager liked us and want's us to have car shows, charity drives, Hooter girl car washes :watching: and will reserve parking spaces for us so customers won't park next to our cars and bang our doors or back in to them. He said parking to the right side of Hooter's will be safer (right side as you face the front door). Should be more cars next meeting since 4 couldn't make it Saturday.

IMG_0665.JPG

Last edited:
If you guys are on facebook mike (joeys) cousin made a closed group call the Atlanta turbo Buick club...

You old farts need to get on there

Like the Facebook page. I was at the Feb hooters and today's caffeine and octane. Had my GN for a year and a half, but haven't taken it to many meets. Half the time it's taken apart.

I saw your car there but didn't see you. I need to get up with some of you guys sometime for advice on future upgrades. Mine is pretty stock. Slower than I like. I had my car there.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1393806494.436204.jpg

I saw your car there but didn't see you. I need to get up with some of you guys sometime for advice on future upgrades. Mine is pretty stock. Slower than I like. I had my car there.

View attachment 216178

I saw it in front of te resturant. Does it only have 15,000 miles?
I'll be taking some stuff off my car soon since I'm upgrading the turbo and converter with my tax return. I also have the Turbo Tweak 42lb injector/chip combo as we'll. The turbo coming off has about 1,500 miles and is a direct bolt on Precision 5831mfs. It's basically a billet compressor Te44. The converter is a 10" PTC 2800 l/u of you're interested in any of it.
image.jpg

Last edited:
It just flipped 15,000 on the way there but I've got to get some advice sometime on the next steps to take with it. I've only put a tin man intake,test pipe,adj fpr,Turbotweak chip, hotwire kit,fuel pump, scan master and the basic gauges. Nothing more. It runs good but I know it's just starting. I've done nothing to notice a big difference yet. What's next?

It just flipped 15,000 on the way there but I've got to get some advice sometime on the next steps to take with it. I've only put a tin man intake,test pipe,adj fpr,Turbotweak chip, hotwire kit,fuel pump, scan master and the basic gauges. Nothing more. It runs good but I know it's just starting. I've done nothing to notice a big difference yet. What's next?

Kelly, (that is your name right?)

It sounds like you have the basics covered. Does the car still have stock fuel injectors on it? Another concern I would have is the factory timing chain.

Other than that you sound like you have most of the maintenance stuff done that is required to start upping the boost. Vortexbuicks.com is an invaluable site to learn about tuning. If you're out toward stone mtn. I would suggest talking to Rob Irle at the next meet if he shows up. He lives out that way too. If it were my car I would go with a LS1Maf/translator combo and an alky kit from Julio. My car isn't super modified but its a whole lot of fun since I've installed the alky. Even a stock turbo'd car with 20 psi is going to be quick.

For me, the biggest upgrades I "felt" in my car were a 3" Terry Houston downpipe and the alky. I don't know if you remember but at the last meet my car was the one with the torque thrust II wheels on it.

A cat/test pipe exhaust system will wake it up a good bit. I bought mine stock and started with similar mods that you have. Mine had 68,000 miles so I changed the valve springs and timing chain per recommendations. I think there's a thread called spring cleaning things to do. I changed the fuel filter, plugs, wires and added an rjc power plate. I have the pypes sgg50r cat back from summit and it was around $400. I think rjc has a dual 3" kit that is also very nice.

I second Bescurred, Razors alky kit was one of the best mods I have done to mine so far.

Last edited:
Yep that's me. I'm slow at working on it. But tuning and upping the boost were next on my list. I didn't want to jump into injectors yet until someone had time to look at the car. I think I met Irle about 2 yrs ago when I got the car. Just want to make sure that what I think is setup right is indeed before going that next step.

Yep that's me. I'm slow at working on it. But tuning and upping the boost were next on my list. I didn't want to jump into injectors yet until someone had time to look at the car. I think I met Irle about 2 yrs ago when I got the car. Just want to make sure that what I think is setup right is indeed before going that next step.

I have the 42lb injectors/chip combo from turbo tweak if you are interested. The chip is burned for a mostly stock car. (Stock turbo, intercooler, heads, converter, etc)
image.jpg

Is there a meeting tomorrow March 15th, of the Atlanta group? Inquiring minds want to know.
Kyle