You can type here any text you want

Turbo Buick powered Caddy CTS in the May '04 issue of GMHTP!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
A Cadillac that would be more appropriate on the TB.com home page than a certain chevy............;)

Originally posted by Red Regal T
A Cadillac that would be more appropriate on the TB.com home page than a certain chevy............;)
Its a v6, and Id certanly want that Caddy over the new E55 any day of the week.

Originally posted by 1000MileStylez
ive had this issue for a week now, where u ppl been?

Well I went to the local Barnes & Noble and they didn't have it yet..... I was a subscriber, but had some bad experiences and gave it up.... Oh well I'll get it sooner or later:) :cool:

is that the same one that was at the nats last year??
if it is, looks like theyu got all (most) of the bugs outta it..
that was a bear to try and push up the trailer..

Originally posted by shmed
is that the same one that was at the nats last year??
if it is, looks like theyu got all (most) of the bugs outta it..
that was a bear to try and push up the trailer..

Yes.

those videos were taken at great lakes dragaway in racine WI. only like 15 mins away from me..........anyone know whose those are

I think the owners name is Tom Osecki. His CTS has been at several Chicagoland chapter meetings and dyno pulls at ANS.

I like how in one video, the dopey Union grove announcer proclaims it has a "supercharged V8"!

yeah those announcers at great lakes really shouldn't be talking........... everytime i go there they make an ass of themselves by saying a car has something when it never did.............oh well

Yes, that is a one amazing car, the owner, Tom; he is a good friend of mine. When it comes to building hybrids he has done it all, when I met him in the late eighties he was driving an 82 Lemans station wagon with GN power train that ran in the low 12's. Later he has done all the G body cars. He also had the first LC2 powered 2nd gen RX7 in the country, maybe few of you remember seeing it at Bowling Green, KY in the early 90's which inspired lots of people to do the same thing. Now he has done the unthinkable, dropping a GN motor in a 40K car that runs low 11's on drag radials. Just simply amazing. He drives this car every day taking his kids to school and shopping, he also put in a DVD player and things for his kids to enjoy while traveling. The one of funniest things he told me was that; he ran into a Ford Lightning on the street and ran him light to light, the Caddy blew the doors off the lightning. When they stopped at the next light, the driver of the Ford asked my buddy "man those new Caddies are fast huh" Tommy just laughed and said yep!

Hey Paul When the announcer said it was a super charged V8, it was the other car, I believe it was a Mercedes V8 super charged on the other lane which runs in the 12.60s. The Caddy gave the MB like eight car lengths and ran him down like nothing. So far his best pull on the dyno was 430 RWHP with 21.5 psi. After that he added some more mods; .81 four bolt exhaust housing , 65 lbs injectors and he will be cranking up the boost. We will see what the car will put down in few weeks.

Here is the link to his vidieo
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/nhn2/

I am very proud and thankful to him for what he has done for the Turbo Buick cummunity, especially building hybrid with a 40K car. Even though our cars' technology is from the eighties, it still looks home and performs better than what GM puts in the new cars.

Prasad

Originally posted by wickedv6
Yes, that is a one amazing car, the owner, Tom; he is a good friend of mine. When it comes to building hybrids he has done it all, when I met him in the late eighties he was driving an 82 Lemans station wagon with GN power train that ran in the low 12's. Later he has done all the G body cars. He also had the first LC2 powered 2nd gen RX7 in the country, maybe few of you remember seeing it at Bowling Green, KY in the early 90's which inspired lots of people to do the same thing. Now he has done the unthinkable, dropping a GN motor in a 40K car that runs low 11's on drag radials. Just simply amazing. He drives this car every day taking his kids to school and shopping, he also put in a DVD player and things for his kids to enjoy while traveling. The one of funniest things he told me was that; he ran into a Ford Lightning on the street and ran him light to light, the Caddy blew the doors off the lightning. When they stopped at the next light, the driver of the Ford asked my buddy "man those new Caddies are fast huh" Tommy just laughed and said yep!

Hey Paul When the announcer said it was a super charged V8, it was the other car, I believe it was a Mercedes V8 super charged on the other lane which runs in the 12.60s. The Caddy gave the MB like eight car lengths and ran him down like nothing. So far his best pull on the dyno was 430 RWHP with 21.5 psi. After that he added some more mods; .81 four bolt exhaust housing , 65 lbs injectors and he will be cranking up the boost. We will see what the car will put down in few weeks.

Here is the link to his vidieo
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/nhn2/

I am very proud and thankful to him for what he has done for the Turbo Buick cummunity, especially building hybrid with a 40K car. Even though our cars' technology is from the eighties, it still looks home and performs better than what GM puts in the new cars.

Prasad

Awesome!!! Tom gets my respect for taking a 40K car and making it a badass hybrid with an LC2 motor:) :cool: I'm sure he has a LOT of fun with it on the street!!! Could probably make a little bit of $$$ with that car cause it's sucha sleeper:D

Back