turbo exhaust housing

figga8n

can anyone tell me wich is better or if there is a difference between . .63 or .82 turbo exhaust housing for performance

The .82 will move your power further up the RPM band. Might see a little peak hp gain depending on combo.

IT is not only the A/R of the housing it is the manufacture.

I.e.- A Garrett equipped car vs PTE housing of the same A/R th ePTE will come out on top.

Garrett spools a bit faster down low but is a bit more restrictive and dies out up[ top whereas the PTE pulls more mid and top and flows better (less reversion)

turbo nasty said:
IT is not only the A/R of the housing it is the manufacture.

I.e.- A Garrett equipped car vs PTE housing of the same A/R th ePTE will come out on top.

Garrett spools a bit faster down low but is a bit more restrictive and dies out up[ top whereas the PTE pulls more mid and top and flows better (less reversion)
so would the 82 be the better choice with my combo

You dont have your stall speed posted so I dont know. The .82 is a Garrett if I'm not mistaken. The .85 is Precisions. Do you already have the .82 on hand or are you gonna purchase one? If you are trying to decide what to purchase I would leave the .63 on it and put the money on something else. I have an .85 on my car (see sig) but I would rather it be the Precision .63. Look up Stangbanger. He has a mid 10sec car and asked Redd Armstrong about changing exhaust housings with his combo and Redd told him probably wouldnt help much. Banger is pushing mid 30psi and has a pass that probably went over 40 due to a wastegate malfunction and is still on original headgaskets with an unopened engine. Banger is running a Garrett .63. Have fun.