You can type here any text you want

Turbo ideas??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

aaron87turbogn

I got a question i got a stock 87 with 60ib inj and 3in down pipe with 4in air intake and boost controller id like some suggestions on the biggest turbo i can get with being safe id like to do other modifications over the summer with a better stall and many other things id just like some ideas best bang for my buck

Welcome to the site. What are your foreseeable goals for your car? Always good to start there. And, take some time to create a signature with all your current mods. Taking care of these things first will make it easier for others to help guide you in the right direction. There are a lot of things that need attention before you start thinking of bigger turbos, converters, and the like.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/info-for-new-turbo-regal-owners.380856/

I'd like some ideas with the setup I have now I have couple ideas was looking at ta49 and te44 or I think it's the 5252

Te44 HD waste gate alky kit 2800 stall and tt chip you should have no problems with that 5.0

I like mine they're consider old technology cause of the new ball bearing turbos but I like that they are tried and true performance. Lots of posts on here about te44 but really you need to set a goal of what et range and what your budget allows then go from there.

If 10's are ur goal....6262 turbo , alky kit, racetronix pump, hotwire & a 3000 stall.

Oh & set aside another 3k for a built trans.

The turbo won't be the male or break if you want solid 10 sec power. Having a good set of heads, intercooler and turbo with the correct torque converter will make it come together. I wouldn't use a te44 for 10 sec power although it could squeak it out. Id use something with more turbine like a 6262. The converter requirements for solid 10 sec power are much different than something that will run mid to low 11's. 10 sec power needs a quality converter period. It's the most lacking component in most people's combos that want 10 sec passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like mine they're consider old technology cause of the new ball bearing turbos but I like that they are tried and true performance. Lots of posts on here about te44 but really you need to set a goal of what et range and what your budget allows then go from there.
A te44 could be built with a ball bearing cartridge but the cost of a ball bearing turbo makes it a waste. The extra should be put into the converter since it will do a lot more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back