turbo leaking oil and lots of smoke...PLEASE HELP!!!

JUSAV6

hey all, hope someone has some suggestions....i've had car for awhile but still consider myself inexperienced. Car has been smoking ALOT (white smoke) when at idle and when i decelerate, smoke comes out both pipes. And it's enough to cover an entire intersection and it doesn't stop until i am driving consistently (probably still smoking but dissipates fast since i'm moving).

Now i just had the car idling in my driveway last night and now I see a puddle of oil under the engine. I pop the hood and there is oil dripping from the bottom of the turbo. I can see a ring of oil around the exhaust side of the turbo where it connects to the DP. There is a little play in the compressor wheel.

I am in central fl, do you think the turbo can be rebuilt? and if so, is there anyone in the area that is reputable and cheap? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hey all, hope someone has some suggestions....i've had car for awhile but still consider myself inexperienced. Car has been smoking ALOT (white smoke) when at idle and when i decelerate, smoke comes out both pipes. And it's enough to cover an entire intersection and it doesn't stop until i am driving consistently (probably still smoking but dissipates fast since i'm moving).

Now i just had the car idling in my driveway last night and now I see a puddle of oil under the engine. I pop the hood and there is oil dripping from the bottom of the turbo. I can see a ring of oil around the exhaust side of the turbo where it connects to the DP. There is a little play in the compressor wheel.

I am in central fl, do you think the turbo can be rebuilt? and if so, is there anyone in the area that is reputable and cheap? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it has minimal play it can be rebuilt, most shops charge around $ 250.00 or so. Sounds like seals BTW. Good luck

Thanks for the swift reply. It moves side to side about 1/8". It has no play in and out. I was worried that if oil was visible coming out of the turbine housing that it would be beyond rebuild. So hopefully it is still good for a rebuild. I appreciate the help.

Also, just another note, the compressor does not hit the housing at all and there isn't any nicks or chipping of the blades. So I guess now it's just a matter of trying to find someone reputable with a fast turnaround time. :)

Check with some of the big truck shops near you. I'm sure there's someone local that can get it back in shape for you. Just ask who they're using.