You can type here any text you want

turbo oil feed question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1dollardog

Are we there yet?
Does anyone know what the gpm is of oil flowing through the stock turbo oil feed line?

Oil feed line

I know one thing I wasted some $ on a braided one from a buick vendor !!!!When comparing the id of the braided one to stock ,there is a huge difference! The stock id i 2/3 larger min.:eek:

Huh??

Chris,

Are saying the feed or the return? It couldn't be the feed or am i missing something. If it is the one i am thinking it would be -4 teflon and that is 1/4 "id on the hose but not sure what the fitting might be dropped down too? If it is the return i have not seen one of the old ESP braided returns up close. Always wanted one to try. All my stuff returns to the pan these days. There was a thread on feed line size or should say feed opening size for turbo's. Might do a search on that subject.
Jerry

oil line

Its the feed line and the id of the fitting on each end is no larger than the id of this -o- !! Didn't what to take the chance or I'am I being silly:confused:

If the braided line is small it will put out more psi. I used a braided line and there was no harm done to my turbo. I dont know if it really makes a differance?

NPT size

FYI, tubing is measure OD--Pipe is measure ID. So the NPT thread size on top of turbo is 1/8 in. No matter what size tubing or pipe you run up to the turbo it will be reduced to 1/8 in. @ the turbo.

Back