You can type here any text you want

turbo rebuild questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rodjr

Hi, I am pretty new to the turbo thing, but i have a 1980 231 turbo i bought for my street rod project. The engine /trans came out of a 1980 canadian chevy belair. the engine is however buick in every way and all the numbers are inline with buick numbers of the same year.
My question is, where to get a rebuild kit for the original turbo, with the correct seal, and is there anything i should know about installing the seal without ruining it?
I currently have the turbo apart and it looks good, the shaft is nice, but it was full of carbon and did not want to turn. Any input would be apreciated.

Hi, I am pretty new to the turbo thing, but i have a 1980 231 turbo i bought for my street rod project. The engine /trans came out of a 1980 canadian chevy belair. the engine is however buick in every way and all the numbers are inline with buick numbers of the same year.
My question is, where to get a rebuild kit for the original turbo, with the correct seal, and is there anything i should know about installing the seal without ruining it?
I currently have the turbo apart and it looks good, the shaft is nice, but it was full of carbon and did not want to turn. Any input would be apreciated.

whatever you do .. don't buy a cheap SH@T Ebay rebuild kit.. . there are lots of rebuild kits available... you get what you pay for.

Back