Turbo Regal Shirts

turbohye

Nuclear Reactor
Hey guys / gals,
Couldnt find an adequate section to put this under so if its not in the right place, i apologize in advance. I have been working on some shirt designs (i make custom shirts as a side business) and one of them happens to be for Turbo Buicks. After seeing whats available, and after owning a few of my own, It doesnt make much sense to print something similar to whats been done before. These will be one-off designs exclusively for members of Turbobuick owners, maybe some left overs will be sold elsewhere but i only plan to make a batch in any case. These will be 1 color shirts (maybe 2) but i wanted to hear what you guys would want.
examples:
1. silhouette (dreamy) of a turbo Buick.
2. Buick in action (launching, etc.)
3. Another combination with a cool logo?
4. One off designs with each person's name or car number (good for the GNX owners)

I plan on starting this off on the right foot by hearing what you others have to say since i am / and have been a Turbo Buick member and owner for a while, i would like to give back to the community and sell them for fairly cheap. Again, any ideas would be great on top of the ones i currently have. Special requests would be ok too especially for cool ideas.

thanks
-Tony

Heres a design for local guy Jed i made but without GNX, instead it said "Boost Fed Fatty". He owns an 86 we-4 and a twin turbo notchback.
He was happy overall but still i want to hear what you guys want. The file should be attached.

(FYI) all these designs are one-offs and actually partially vectorized from my car :tongue:

I can even print your name on the design.

thx,
-Tony

Attachments

• customer 336.jpg
    customer 336.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,470
eat, sleep, buick

How about something like the picture, except with a side view grand national.
if you can do that count me in for a few.

Attachments

• 40_1.jpg
    40_1.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 1,353

I will post a simply one. It needs to be refined but let me know what you think.

Put it together really fast but with some cleaning up, it can look better. I had to export it as a low res image since TB.com regulates file size. :tongue:

Attachments

• eat sleep buick.png
    eat sleep buick.png
    20 KB · Views: 1,329
Are you licenced by GM ?

I'd love to see some Buick shirts with a big Power 6 on the back and a GN launching on the front

If you are not licenced the Guys that paid will be bitching

That last one's actually pretty funny. I will definitely be in for a few, but keep the designs coming.

Do an artistic interpretation of the logos and you will be lawfully complying,..I think.
Andy Warhol set a presedent and went to court for a flower piece he did that was taken from a chinese photographer but proved that he changed them enough for artistic expression. back in the 70's.
He did the Cambell soup can, I'm sure you all have seen these
If I'm wrong, let me know, I did a report in college about it, maybe I missed something...
large_Andy-Warhol-flowers.JPG

campbells.jpg

there is what i did few month ago for fun

Claude

Attachments

• quebec t buick.jpg
    quebec t buick.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,278
Do an artistic interpretation of the logos and you will be lawfully complying,..I think.
Andy Warhol set a presedent and went to court for a flower piece he did that was taken from a chinese photographer but proved that he changed them enough for artistic expression. back in the 70's.
He did the Cambell soup can, I'm sure you all have seen these
If I'm wrong, let me know, I did a report in college about it, maybe I missed something...

I'm with you, flip the yellow and orange and it's no longer the same!!! :biggrin:

Are you licenced by GM ?

I'd love to see some Buick shirts with a big Power 6 on the back and a GN launching on the front

If you are not licenced the Guys that paid will be bitching

Nope, not licensed by buick. I run a printing gig on the side of what my day job is. There are stipulations to using commercial names and designs in the printing world, but there is alot of flexibility especially towards those in china town :mad: .
I have made shirts for the local Supra club up here and team dynamics and catapult. One off shirt designs not not using the commercial name in its form are alright according to the state of Maryland. If i was to steal an image from an authorized buick shirt, then id be flagged but im alright with these designs. If anyone has objections to me printing a few, i would respect that. Again, im not "rolling in dough" from my printing work.

my idea may be out of the scope of your production capabilities, but what I'd really like to see is a turbo Buick Hawaiin print style "camp shirt" like what some sporting goods stores sell. I have a couple of shirts I picked up at Academy that are short-sleeve, button down with a collar. The artwork is a reapeating print pattern of different cars and scenes. One shirt has first-gen Camaros, Chargers and Chevelles on it. The other shirt has a '67 GTO's and Chevelles. And like most Hawaiian shirts, these are kinda brightly colored, but not too obnoxious.

I've seen some really nice turbo Buick artwork over the years. It would be pretty cool if someone could take some of that artwork and make a repeating print pattern like what I'm talking about and make some shirts. I'd buy one! :biggrin: