Turbo Regal Shirts

my idea may be out of the scope of your production capabilities, but what I'd really like to see is a turbo Buick Hawaiin print style "camp shirt" like what some sporting goods stores sell. I have a couple of shirts I picked up at Academy that are short-sleeve, button down with a collar. The artwork is a reapeating print pattern of different cars and scenes. One shirt has first-gen Camaros, Chargers and Chevelles on it. The other shirt has a '67 GTO's and Chevelles. And like most Hawaiian shirts, these are kinda brightly colored, but not too obnoxious.

I've seen some really nice turbo Buick artwork over the years. It would be pretty cool if someone could take some of that artwork and make a repeating print pattern like what I'm talking about and make some shirts. I'd buy one! :biggrin:

Hmmmm, I tried googling a sample but had not luck? Did the shirt have floral work on it? Was it just cars?

my idea may be out of the scope of your production capabilities, but what I'd really like to see is a turbo Buick Hawaiin print style "camp shirt" like what some sporting goods stores sell. I have a couple of shirts I picked up at Academy that are short-sleeve, button down with a collar. The artwork is a reapeating print pattern of different cars and scenes. One shirt has first-gen Camaros, Chargers and Chevelles on it. The other shirt has a '67 GTO's and Chevelles. And like most Hawaiian shirts, these are kinda brightly colored, but not too obnoxious.

I've seen some really nice turbo Buick artwork over the years. It would be pretty cool if someone could take some of that artwork and make a repeating print pattern like what I'm talking about and make some shirts. I'd buy one! :biggrin:

That's a great idea, but with an all over print design, I bet the production would be pricey. I'd buy one though.

That turbo 6 with the scroll, flames and checkered flag is totally cool. Maybe do something like that on the front breast pocket or just one huge in the back. That one symbol tells the tale! I love it. Major props to who ever designed that one.

That turbo 6 with the scroll, flames and checkered flag is totally cool. Maybe do something like that on the front breast pocket or just one huge in the back. That one symbol tells the tale! I love it. Major props to who ever designed that one.

Agreed, small one on the front pocket AND huge one on the back.... with some type of 'Buick 3.8 SFI Turbo' lettering below... maybe like glinting chrome in the font of the car emblems .... and the flaming turbo underlining the lettering.... awesome! and satisfying to GN and T owners alike! Black or white shirts, please. I'll order both.. :biggrin:

I did this design for a shirt for Julio (razor) this year.
shirtsConcept2.jpg

were can i get one

I want one too.....thats sick

Julio of alkycontrol.com has them, he may or may not have some for sale still. They went pretty fast at the Buick meet last month. give him a call. 727-570-9999

thanks, I may design some to sale myself. I'm so busy with freelance and my regular gig that it's hard to find the time. :biggrin:

I completely agree. Once the weekend comes, i will clean up the EAT SLEEP BUICK art and print a test run. If they come out decent enough, i will post some pictures of the final results. Im testing some plastisol inks for durability so once i get that straightened away i will send orders out.:redface:

-Tony

Hmmmm, I tried googling a sample but had not luck? Did the shirt have floral work on it? Was it just cars?

I tried Googling them too and couldn't pull up anthing either. I don't know if Academy still has any left, I've actually got three different ones, all from Academy and all have the "Magellan" brand on the tag. They are just cars, no flowers. I'll try to post some pics of them this weekend.

someone else commented about the all-over "print" being expensive to produce. when I said "print" I mean like what you would see at a cloth store (yeah, been to several with my wife :rolleyes: ) it's where they come up with a design, like a painted scene and turn it into a repeating pattern that is "printed" on the material before you make anything out of it. that material is then just sold in large rolls. My wife recently bought some material that had a steam engines all over it and made our son a bedspread and pillow covers out of it. I was thinking it would be really cool do make the hawaiian style shirts out of that kind of "print" material with a pattern of turbo Buicks.

I'll post pictures of my shirts....maybe it will make sense then and I won't sound so crazy. :p

Rob

Heres an Old Image i made for (designed for Red Shirts) I jsut dug this up off of a backup DVD i had. Me and my buddy both had this shirt but due to the cheap Inks i used before it faded pretty quick. I think i am going to print a few of these next weekend once my plastisol comes in (silk screen ink)

Sorry--- had to downgrade the resolution to post once again.
-Tony

Attachments

• Top View.jpg
    Top View.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,042
I tried Googling them too and couldn't pull up anthing either.
someone else commented about the all-over "print" being expensive to produce. when I said "print" I mean like what you would see at a cloth store (yeah, been to several with my wife :rolleyes: ) it's where they come up with a design, like a painted scene and turn it into a repeating pattern that is "printed" on the material before you make anything out of it. that material is then just sold in large rolls.

Rob

Oh, yeah. that would work. That would be cool.

Hawaiian-shirts-Muscle-Cars.jpg

I would love it if somone remade the cartoon one buick made when the car was new.

Jack

Are you the President of GM ?????????????

Wow, now thats Constructive.... I don't appreciate your sarcasim

There are several Vendors that Shelled out the Money to make and sell licenced G.M. Products. (which is not cheap.)

They certainly will not appreciate this and have put a stop to more than one past project in the works. This is no different.

You will have do do some homework to find out what you can legally do.

How about making some of those eat, sleep, buick design, shoot me a pm if you want to make something like that