Turbo Regal vs. GN

lbrohez

what is the diffrences between the motors on a Turbo Regal and a Grand National if they are both 87's and are the computer's on them the same or diffrent?

Originally posted by lbrohez
what is the diffrences between the motors on a Turbo Regal and a Grand National if they are both 87's and are the computer's on them the same or diffrent?

The drivetrains and engine management are exactly the same. The only differences between the TRs and a GN have to do with the bodies and trim levels.

Jim

I guy in Advance Auto Part's parking lot asked me this just this morning ( he had a GN and I have a T ). I told him the difference was I like my seats much better:D

Thank goodness I now own a GN. Anytime someone would ask what a T was it took 15 minutes to explain.:)

Drive a WE-4 and try and explain the difference to people..Its black but not a GN, confuses people..

I did, my first TR was a 22K mile WE4 with the best GM paint job I have seen. I sold it to Kirban and he has sold it twice. Describing what a WE4 is gave the most, "Wha.......?" My next car was a tan T....forget it. So I bought a GN for the reasons why I got into this in the first place. Short of the MCSS confusion people generaly know what a GN is

Originally posted by 87We4ster
Drive a WE-4 and try and explain the difference to people..Its black but not a GN, confuses people..

I get the same thing with my black T-Type. I have found that most people arent quite as interested if its not a GN. So now when someone asks what year my GN is, I just tell'um its an 86 and save myself the hassleof explainin' the differences.

Last Saturday I was working on my black 86 T-Type in the driveway. I hear this Fart-Can-Drone coming down the street and just happens to be my 17 year old son who is a passenger in this Riced out Acura with the usual mods. I've never met this friend of his before and the kid was checking out my car. The following conversation went something like this;
Kid; This is a GN right ?
Me; Nope, It's a T-Type, Same car different interior.
Kid; Those GN's are suppose to be really fast !!
Me; I suppose they were.
Kid; That T-Type a special Edition GN then ??
Me; Yes....Back in 86, Buick over produced alot of these GN's and
for publicity reasons, our town, ( I live in the town of
Taunton. ) was selected to recieve a special edition GN
called the " Taunton-Type " but because the name
Taunton had too many letters for the body emblems,
Buick decided to shorten it to " T-Type ". Over in the
town of Dighton there is one called the " D-Type " !!
Kid; Yeah.......I saw that one race the other night !! Cool !

As they were walking away, I heard my son say to the kid; " Boy...You really are a dumb Bastard !! " I almost pissed myself laughing so hard !!! Thought you guys might like hearing this one !
Darrell.

That's thinking on your feet! Good story. After the 100th time of explaining the difference between all the models I had had enough. Hell, sometimes I can't even keep it straight! Between the GNX, T-Type, T, GN, WE4, WH1 it's hard.