You can type here any text you want

turbo return hose size?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Crazyx4

i have #10an fitting and hose on the return from the turbo to the block. is this big enough to keep from blowing the seals out of the center section?

What is the minimum you would recommend for this line? I am making my own as well. Would 8AN be sufficient?

Thanks
Zack

Thank you. I almost ordered -8 for my return. That would have been bad haha.

Another question. What is the size of the fitting for the oil feed line at the brass block? Sorry OP for hijacking.

Zack

You can't blow seals by running a restrictive return. It will cause a smoke show though. IMO there is not enough room to run an AN adapter off the turbo and return to the stock location. You need to have a nice downward slope the entire way back the the front of the block. You could run the return to the pan or the fuel pump blockoff if you want to get fancy. If the return is parallel with the ground you won't get enough drain back and it will smoke.

You can't blow seals by running a restrictive return. It will cause a smoke show though. IMO there is not enough room to run an AN adapter off the turbo and return to the stock location. You need to have a nice downward slope the entire way back the the front of the block. You could run the return to the pan or the fuel pump blockoff if you want to get fancy. If the return is parallel with the ground you won't get enough drain back and it will smoke.

So you are suggesting going with a stock return? Or is there a way to get the braided lines to work? I was trying to see if I could go braided more cheaply (which it is), but if it has affect on the turbo I won't cheap out.

Zack

The ones I make have a nice slope to them. Problem is the fittings are mucho $$$$$ Have sold quite a few though.

The ones I make have a nice slope to them. Problem is the fittings are mucho $$$$$ Have sold quite a few though.

Zack, by the time you buy all the fittings and as any plumbing job, several wrong one $$$$$ you could buy one from Mark and be done. And happy.

What is the minimum you would recommend for this line? I am making my own as well. Would 8AN be sufficient? Thanks Zack

Since the ID of the supply line is about 1/4", it would seem the -8 AN line with a 3/8" ID would be more than adequate?

We have done a few -8 turbo drain lines, and all do the job properly. :)

Zack, by the time you buy all the fittings and as any plumbing job, several wrong one $$$$$ you could buy one from Mark and be done. And happy.

I can't afford Mark's piece, and I really can't afford the R&D. If someone can just tell me what I need, Ill be a very happy man. Also, does anyone know the fitting size for the supply line on the block side? I know the turbo is 1/8NPT

Thanks
Zack

I can't afford Mark's piece, and I really can't afford the R&D. If someone can just tell me what I need, Ill be a very happy man. Also, does anyone know the fitting size for the supply line on the block side? I know the turbo is 1/8NPT

Thanks
Zack

Bump

The block is 1/2 NPT. The on the turbo side you'll need an adapter flange that goes to 1/2NPT.

I tried this, there's not enough space in there to run the line without kinking it. But you'll need 2 1/2NPT to -10an fittings. A length of -10an hose. and 2 -10 an hose ends. The angled ends are around $25 each. So you're looking at $70 or 80 in parts.

What about the G-body parts piece for $50.

Or a reproduction stock drain line.

Thank you. I am going to go with that set-up. I was curious what size I need for the turbo feed line. I know the turbo is 1/8NPT, but what is the size for the feed line at the engine?

Thanks
Zack

Back