turbo saver installed with shield pics inside..

wiked87gn

Banned
this is how i did it, pretty clean if i may add and it looks nice... ;)

Attachments

• trbosavr1.jpg
    trbosavr1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 487
Looks good!

Have any pics of the modified sheild off the car?
Kinda hard to tell if you cut the sheild or drilled it from the pics. Probably because the sheild is Black. How do you like it so far?

I drilled 2 wholes on the shield about 3/4 to 1 inch in diameter enought to get the hose through i like it, i am sure its doing what its suppouse to do, i was told that wether you blow your engine or not this engines run really dirty and eventually will whippe out your turbo, this will extend the life of it by filtering the crapp that the other filter misses..

Originally posted by wiked87gn
i was told that wether you blow your engine or not this engines run really dirty and eventually will whippe out your turbo, this will extend the life of it by filtering the crapp that the other filter misses..

Who told you that, the person you bought it off? I hope my 160k mile turbo doesn't read this thread :rolleyes:

Originally posted by CARTMAN
Who told you that, the person you bought it off? I hope my 160k mile turbo doesn't read this thread :rolleyes:

Mine either.

Originally posted by wiked87gn
this is how i did it, pretty clean if i may add and it looks nice... ;)

I like it! Looks good! I'm glad you went to the extra trouble to make it work with the turbo shield. Too bad some people stick their face in for no good reason.

Regal T dont worry i like it and its Xtra piece of mind to have it in place, i like the fact that my turbo is getting Xtra clean oil and in fact that will prolong the life of the bearings and seals.. i am happy with it and thats all that matters.. :) thanks for the good product..

If that STP filter has a bypass you just removed your piece of mind. Use the Wix 51047 which has no bypass. I am sure there are ither filters too, thats just the one I used based on info at WIx's site.

Hey Jim..........thanks! That's a great heads-up. Never thought of that. ;)

That adapter takes a Ford filter, and I don't see a number on the STP. I use a Purolator L20195. The STP is an equivalent. I'll have to look into finding a non-bypass filter.

Originally posted by TurboJim
If that STP filter has a bypass you just removed your piece of mind. Use the Wix 51047 which has no bypass. I am sure there are ither filters too, thats just the one I used based on info at WIx's site.

LOL, filter no workie:D

looks good

wicked,,,

looks great just get a wix filter ok:)

51047 does not exist according to the wix site, i looked it up and it comes up with no results maybe wrong part number...

just to clarify some things
there is no such a thing as a filter with a bypass, i think what you were refering to was the bypass on the oil pump itself, that one will open just in case the filter becomes useless due to dirt or metal, ethier way the adapter that is being used up by the turbo does not have a bypass so if the filter becomes usless gues what the filter will stop working and wont go any further because there is no bypass on that adapter , no dirt will get to the turbo itself, btw just so that you know, this little 3.8 V6 engines run extremely hard and they run very dirty internally, a lot of debris and metal shavings from bearing crank,pistons etc etc gets lose and goes into the oil, is it always good insurance to Run and xtra filter preferably before the turbo just like this kit does, this will ensure you that even if the bypass by the filter on the engine opens and oil still gets to the filter by the Turbo it will get caught there and go no where near your turbo, even so, running a filter there will asure that the oil gets filtered twice while its running in the engine also ensuring that the turbo always gets fresh filtered oil.. :)

Looks good man.
I know John put some hard effort into that setup and im sure it will help filter some debris.

Even a better idea for everyone using 1000.00 turbos!

I will be using one on my next turbo upgrade.

I think Jim was thinking anti drain back for the filter :D

BW

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
I think Jim was thinking anti drain back for the filter :D

BW [/B]

No I was not and Wicked87, you're dead wrong....sorry.

Sorry, but the filter I use is a 51049, not 47, and right off their site:

Part Number: 51049
UPC Number: 765809510494
Principal Application: GM Family of Cars (59-67)
All Applications
Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: Full Flow
Media: Paper
Height: 5.178
Outer Diameter Top: 3.660
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 13/16-16
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: None

And the commonly used FL1A equivalent:

Part Number: 51515
UPC Number: 765809515154
Principal Application: Chrysler Family of Cars/Trucks (57-70), Ford Family of Cars/Trucks (57-00), Mazda Trucks (94-00), Toyota Landcruiser (71-96) - (Two Quart version is 51773)
All Applications
Outer Diameter: 3.660
Thread Size: 3/4-16
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: 8-11
Anti-Drain Back Valve: Yes

Go check out some filters before you stick yer foot in your mouth :)

BTW: The above mentioned L20195:

Part Number: 51516
UPC Number: 765809515161
Principal Application: Ford/Merc. Cars + Trucks (81-05), Chrysler/Jeep (02-05), Mazda Trucks (94-05)
All Applications
Height: 4.828
Outer Diameter Top: 2.921

See? It has a bypass built in too. Once the filter gets restricted....guess whats circulating??? Thats right...dirt!

ok if you read correct it say on it bypass valve setting none, but this not actually talking about the filter is talking about the valve that is built on the filter adapter itself, some filters are build to sense certain kind of pressure before the valve opens to let oil into the motor, that what they mean by bypass setting valve setting none, but the filter itself does not have a bypass duh...

No I was not and Wicked87, you're dead wrong....sorry.

Sorry, but the filter I use is a 51049, not 47, and right off their site:

Part Number: 51049
UPC Number: 765809510494
Principal Application: GM Family of Cars (59-67)
All Applications
Outer Diameter Top: 3.660
Thread Size: 13/16-16
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: None

And the commonly used FL1A equivalent:

Part Number: 51515
UPC Number: 765809515154
Principal Application: Chrysler Family of Cars/Trucks (57-70), Ford Family of Cars/Trucks (57-00), Mazda Trucks (94-00), Toyota Landcruiser (71-96) - (Two Quart version is 51773)
All Applications
Outer Diameter: 3.660

Go check out some filters before you stick yer foot in your mouth :)