Turbo Saver/Oil Filter Relocation Kit - should I?

Raven

Here - watch THIS!
I've done the search about the Turbo Saver from PTE and read the posts - there seems to be two different camps regarding the oil filter relocation/'turbo saver' set up. (Even saw one post about the feed line being too large to the turbo and suggesting an orifice. Hmm...)

Anyhow, I'm about to install my new Craig TE-60 (and combo) and thought seriously about buying the setup - would you buy it again if you have it now and if you don't have it, why not?

Instead of relocating the main oil filter (Turbo Saver) I installed a separate oil filter for just the turbo. This extra filter is located in the oil line feeding from the block to the turbo.

This setup provides protection for the turbo, plus the filter serves as a oil pressure receiver so that when you shut down the engine added oil is supplied to the turbo for a short period of time.

I will send you a picture of my setup by e-mail when I get back to the states (I am working in Venezuela at this time).

I also located the stock oil pressure sendor to the oil line between the turbo filter and the turbo so that the instrument oil light indicates when I have oil pressure at the turbo. I use a separate oil pressure gauge for the engine. After an oil filter change I crank the engine (with ECM off) until the turbo oil light goes out this way I know I have oil to the engine and turbo before firing the engine.

This is just another approach.

Deep Enough
Donald McMullin