Turbo Shield Bolts

mark b

Does anyone have a source for the bolts on the turbo shield, preferably in stainless or chrome?

I brought them to my local nut house - yeah, actually called "The Nutty Company" and they didn't have anything close. They usually have everything.

TIA

Well, if you still have the stock bolts, chuck a soft to medium wire brush into a drill, put a stock bolt through an M8X1.25 nut, tighten the nut into a bench vise, and wire brush the bolt heads.

When all 4 bolts are done and looking bright and better than new, punch them through a piece of cardboard and spray the heads with a little SEM clear. Voila, perfect, pretty and better than factory.

If you're missing the bolts, I don't have my 44W book in front of me, but so far as I recall, they're M8X1.25, whatever length, with a washer style head. If you can't find something suitable in the stainless section of your local Lowe's or whatever, then try:

www.auveco.com

But trust me, the factory bolts done this way look awesome!!!!!!!!!!

:D

You can also call DCTECH (check gnttype.org vendor section) - they make those trick turbo shields and they have a cool set of stainless bolts with a neat backing plate - I think they'll send just the bolt kit out for 6 bucks shipped.

Rich

Good ideas guys...

MSDGN- were the stainless bolts in the M8X1.25 size previously mentioned?

Yeah Salvage6 - the Nutty company didn't have bolts with the integrated washers... surprised me too since they have practically everything!

TotallyStainless has just about any size/style you can think of...I also used some stainless washers under the bolts...mainly to protect the chrome from getting torn up when I tightened the bolts..