You can type here any text you want

Turbo Sizing For A Twin Setup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Big Stu

Flogged Donkey
Out of curiosity, what is the biggest set of twins someone has ever put on a stage 2 motor? I know sean lilly's car was twin 74's but can't think of anybody else with big twin turbos. I usually see twin 63's or 66's, not anything bigger. Is there a determined cutoff point where a stage motor just won't allow any more turbo?:)

I have used 66's on a couple of customer cars and we were able to find the limit of a stage 2 at 35+ lbs, that was probably less than 1500 HP. Bigger will be harder to spool but not impossible.
To make 1500 + You are going to need some good rods.

I have new billet 6.5 carrillos, but was debating picking up a set of olivers also. What might you recommend since you have been in this game a long time?:)

Originally posted by Big Stu
I have new billet 6.5 carrillos, but was debating picking up a set of olivers also. What might you recommend since you have been in this game a long time?:)

I would not run the Carrillos if you have the plans you are talking about. I would run the Olivers no doubt.

Yeah, the more I read about the olivers and hear people's first hand experiences with them, the more I think going with them is the right decision. I do plan on making 1500 or more, whatever I need to do to get there is what I will do.:)

I agree with Ted. The Carrillos will give up at over 1200. I am currently running Crower Titanium & have not went past about 1200. I did not buy them new they came in a bush motor as a bonus.

That's a nice bonus. I am talking about 1500 hp at the motor.I would like to see someone make 1500 at the rear wheels, but's that's pretty doubtful. Are you saying that you make 1200 at the wheels? I am just curious, that is a ton of power. How do you spool that big of a turbo?

No 1200HP Motor, I spool it with tuning & a FB Performance variable stall convertor (VSC)

Thanks dale, what tranny are you using in that beast? I like the idea of the vsc, gale banks had a write up about it on their website. Pretty cool.:)

FB trans with VSC

The FB trans with VSC work really well. I had one in my car for a while but it wasn't needed for my little 70 turbo. It is being freshened up as we speak and is for sale if anyone needs one.. dave@hrpartsnstuff.com 330-947-2433

Originally posted by John Wilde
Dale who is Rockin Rodney, I thought that was big Al's Car.
Is Rodney the driver..... Damn did anyone see the 191mph?

:eek:

Where damn it!? I don't see what you are talking about but I want to!!

John I'm not sure if Al has someone driving for him or if he has sold the car. He called me a couple of months ago and is going to bring me his street car for some updates on the engine managment system & upgrade the turbo. I will find out what is what.

Dale,

Thanks for your time. Please let us know how you run next time!!! I miss the days with you and Alan would run in LS.

i'm going to try twin GTQ 70 with indy heads on a 274 ci anyone have cam sujestions? comp is grinding one with 244/246 @ .050 .697/.700 115 lobe solid roller. anyone ever run indy heads on a 274? heads are cnc ported by chapmen.

Back