You can type here any text you want

Turbo T Aluminum Wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GN owner

Does anyone know where I can buy a set of wheel lug nuts and the center cap for these wheels? Any part numbers or manufacturers where I can get these items?

Thank you!:smile:

You can get lugnuts at Advance that look pretty close to stock. Good luck on the center caps. They won't be cheap. :(

Like corseair231 said Advance sells them. They are very close and half the price. The centers are very expensive used. I bought a set of 77'-81' repro Corvette centers and put them on my set and stuck the stockers on the shelf. The Vette caps are not all black but they can be painted or you can keep the look, Just get some buick stickers for the centers. $30 to $40 for a set new.

Attachments

• d093_2.jpg
    d093_2.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 276
I had a 92 S-10 with the waffle wheels that had a center cap that Looked like they would fit. But when I had the truck Center caps were plentiful and I never bothered to try it.Wised I had.

Or go buy GTA center caps, remove the bird emblem, paint it black, re-install.

GTA center caps

Where can I buy the GTA center caps? Also if switching from the stock 87 GN steel rims to the Turbo T aluminum wheels do I need to get longer wheel studs since the wheel is thicker?

elementry question here, why do these wheels take "special" lug nuts. i got a set from the parts store that where the same thread type should i not have done this?

elementry question here, why do these wheels take "special" lug nuts. i got a set from the parts store that where the same thread type should i not have done this?

Most factory AL wheel lugnuts will work. I use the chrome ones from my 1995 Neon.

Just don't use Steel wheel lug nuts, like GN lugs. They will screw the wheels up.

Just don't use Steel wheel lug nuts, like GN lugs. They will screw the wheels up.

The alloy T wheel uses the same lug nuts as the steel wheels. The only difference is the type of nut used. The GN chrome steel uses the same nut with a bulge cast in to it hold the center cap.

"This is the kind I have eBay Motors: CORVETTE CENTER CAP, 80-82 & 78 PACE CAR, PART 606341 (item 120105865671 end time Sep-26-08 08:22:13 PDT)"

Thanks for the tip. I went and bought it! :smile:

Back