You can type here any text you want

turbo t or t type limited?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I like the WO2 cars. A nice white limited with a half top is super sweet too!

LIMITED ALL THE WAY!!!! the more granny looking the better (half-vinyl roof, cornering lights & chrome) nothin' better than haulin' ass w' a column shifter!!! IMO!

the white limited is going to need some work but its t top chrome blue interior. the turbo t is in mint condition get it n go. gonna have to do some rust work on the limited and put new seals + paint asking 12 g'z for it though while the turbo T with fresh paint is asking 10 g'z

all replies appericated :D

A nice pillow top seated Limited is to die for. I'd love a black/chrome/burgandy combo one.

Limiteds all the way :p

Attachments

• Limiteddriveway.JPG
    Limiteddriveway.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 210
I love the sleeper look. However my t-type limited when you look at it, they know it's not just a granny Buick. Look what I found for $4K, a couple of weeks ago. This car I just saved from being part out. I'm glad to keep this one alive.:smile:

Attachments

• my t-type.jpg
    my t-type.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 198
damn good find. this guys askin a whole lot of money for a car that needs work. no engine mods moderate rust and water leak asking 12 k just cause its a t top limited t. i am a little hesitant to think once im done with just body work paint and new seals all around stock engine as well looking like not to much attention was given. i have pictures where should i post. i mean i want the car but i think i should get some tips from the pros about the actual value of a car in this condition before i jump into the rebuilding.

By Turbo T are you talking about a WE4 car or an '87 Regal with a T package? By T-type Limited are you referring to an '86? If you are talking about both an '87 WE4 and an '87 Limited with a T package then I believe the better deal would be the WE4. Production numbers are both low but I think the WE4 will probably bring more money down the road. It has the look of the GN and to a lot of people it is the all black look that made these cars special. With the old musclecars the more performance imaged cars seem to bring more money than the luxury model ones. Plus you said it was in excellent shape and didn't need anything. Mark one for the T.
With the Limited you said there was rust repair, paint, and at least seals needed if you wanted to leave it stock. A professional paint job can easily run into the thousands, especially if serious body work is needed. If you can do most of the work yourself then you have the sweat equity value added. You are now up to 15-16 k or more invested which brings the investment into the area of the maximum value for these cars (if you could find someone to pay that much :smile: ) where the WE4 should bring as much too with a lot less investment on your part. You didn't mention mods on the T or mileage on either. If it is not a WE4 then mark one for the Limited.
That being said you also have to decide what future plans hold. Cruiser, racer, showcar, keeper, investment? Once this is decided then the most important factor for any true gearhead comes into play. Emotional value. If a car is just not a car without chrome bumpers,T-tops and a column shifter then your decision is already made.

It sounds like you are leaning that way. :D

alright boys! here we go. PICS 87limited - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now the white one has no paint and the engine was dirty as **** looked like no ones been paying close attention to the car. just basiclly driving it. oh and a bad sign guy tells me he bought the car on ebay and is now selling it on ebay once again a few months into it? no reason and also had a speaker box not tied down just bouncing around in the truck area. I'm a lil anal when it comes to spending 10 k + on a 20 year old car so dont mind me :)

white one 12 k
brown 10 k

The chestnut metallic T for the price you mentioned is the way to go. It looks stock and well maintained. I haven't seen too many of that color floating around either.

Personally, I'm not feelin' the wheels and I think they might attract unwanted attention (and they're probably heavy and will slow you down)

While the WHite T doesn't look bad, there doesn't seem to be any reason to spend more money to have to do more work...

alright boys! here we go. PICS 87limited - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now the white one has no paint and the engine was dirty as **** looked like no ones been paying close attention to the car. just basiclly driving it. oh and a bad sign guy tells me he bought the car on ebay and is now selling it on ebay once again a few months into it? no reason and also had a speaker box not tied down just bouncing around in the truck area. I'm a lil anal when it comes to spending 10 k + on a 20 year old car so dont mind me :)

white one 12 k
brown 10 k

No contest...as much as I like white.... the brown one is an easy pic of the two.... just loose the wheels IMHO..... but some GTA mesh wheels in black.... or stock T wheels..... Otherwise the brown one is much cleaner.

nah wheels n sound really arent what im buying its the car its self. rugged trunk was really something i never seen on a regal. cept gnx pictures with the grey trunk. but thanks for the advice turbo + Blazer

The "brown" T (aka chestnut metallic) looks to be held by a dealer. Negotiate with them to try and lower the price (even though it's pretty good right now) and even lower if they keep the rims (shoot for $8k, worst thing they can say is no and counter offer you)...

Good luck on your TR purchase.

Change the rims on the brown car then its a keeper. I have never seen a Limited in that color combo before (very nice)

Blown Okie:

Since you seem like a Limited "Sleeper" fan, heres a pic of my Limited T.

buickfrtds.jpg
[/IMG]

buickintds.jpg
[/IMG]

buickrt.jpg
[/IMG]

I have only seen one other Limited thats as fully optioned as mine (blue one from a guy on this site)

nice limited i likes. I am gonna see what the guy tells me I am going to give him a call tomorrow in the morning.

Just a heads up...when I was looking for a turbo buick, I looked really hard at that chestnut car. I ran a carfax and it had been wrecked. Called the guy and talked to him. Basically, they are a company that sells peoples stuff for them on ebay. He told me the car was never wrecked. I told him the carfax clearly states that it was (very detailed too, I think it said right side). IMO I think $10K is too much for this car, esp with the miles. It is a very nice looking car though.

Back