You can type here any text you want

Turbo TA Will Not Start

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AKTURBOTA

I have a 89 TTA that has an extender chip and a T+ with an LT1 MAF additionally, I am running the MotoTron 60# fuel injectors. I came home last night with the car running just fine. I tried to start the car this morning and it turned over with it almost starting, but didn't. There was some "fire in the hole", since almost ran, but as soon as I shut off the key it wouldn't run on its own. The check engine light flickered as I was turning the car over. I was in a rush, so I had to take my truck to work. I will look into it when I get home tonight.... Does it sound like the car is flooded? I am going to floor the throttle and try and start it again...any suggestions?

I had a similar problem when I first installed the MotoTron's last year...and was able to discern with the help of "others" that it was flooded and it was suggest I floor the throttle and turn it over until it "catches" and keep it WOT till she clears her throat.

AFter getting the kids to bed tonight I tried to get my car to run. I turned the key in the ignition without starting the car and the Check Engine light was flickering rapidly. I hooked up Turbolink and the Check Engine light stayed on constantly and found a Code 51 Eprom error code.

I tried to start the car but forgot to push the pedal all the way to the floor. with the pedal to the floor, it almost started and began it "flooded" behavior again.

What should I do:

Should I disconnect the battery to clear the ECM and reconnect and try to start the car once again this time the throttle to the floor from the "get go"?

Replace the EPROM?

I am open to suggestions...HELP!

Mark

The computer is not reading the EPROM so it is using the parameters from the calpak which was designed for stock injectors, you are getting way too much fuel. Try reseating the eprom. Otherwise try a different chip.

Mike

I pulled the PROM, cleaned the contacts with a pencil eraser, reseated the PROM and the car started! Interesting...the chip has not been pulled since July of 2004 so it is perplexing why it was throwing a code 51...oh well...what matters is that it was a no cost fix.

AKTURBOTA said:
I pulled the PROM, cleaned the contacts with a pencil eraser, reseated the PROM and the car started! Interesting...the chip has not been pulled since July of 2004 so it is perplexing why it was throwing a code 51...oh well...what matters is that it was a no cost fix.

While seemingly robust, an ecm is sort of a high tech devise, so anything out of spec., is going to cause a problem. An ecm can easily run at over 130dF, and just from heat cycling contacts can move around (if ever so slightly). If one's just not up to spec., then a code is set.

Back