You can type here any text you want

Turbo Tweak Chip minimum fuel pressure

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

frayles

Hi All,

I sent an email to Eric looking for an answer to this so he may have sent a reply in the meantime, but my question is in regards to the stock GN fuel pressure regulator and a street Turbo Tweak chip.

I have a stock 87 GN with 30# injectors, a high volume fuel pump and a hotwire kit. I purchased a street 93 octane 16-18 lbs boost chip from from Eric and when I was looking at the directions it talks about setting the fuel pressure using an adjustable regulator. This car is almost a strictly show car, but I do take it out for a ride on a nice day. It is never nor will it ever be raced. I do enjoy a WOT romp every once in a while though. This chip will be replacing an ancient ATR Pitbull chip.

Can this chip be used safely with a stock regulator or is it imperitive to have the minimul fuel pressure that cannot be gained from the stock regulator? I would like to keep the engine compartment as stock looking as possible save for an open air K&N filter and tube leading to the turbo. I have seen some talk about the Bosch 237 regulator from the TTA being used as it increases fuel pressure and looks the same as the stock GN regulator. Thanks in advance guys!

Mike in MA

Sent you 2 emails yesterday. Here's a copy:

It will run ok, but it will be leaner than intended at WOT, depending on boost level. If you're running 15-16psi, then it may be ok. If you want to try for more boost, then you may need the extra fuel pressure. The 237 regulator will work fine in place of the 233.
Regards,
Eric

Back