You can type here any text you want

Turbo Tweak Instructions HELP

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bodybag

GNX #451
In the Turbo Tweak instructions, it says's the following regarding MAF:

"4. The chip will work fine with either a stock MAF, or a Translator LT1/LS1 MAF setup. For cars with a stock type MAF, it must have at least one screen in it."

My car has a stock MAF, but where would the screen be? Is it part of the MAF, or is it part of the factory air intake setup? The reason I ask is that I just installed a CAI from GN1Performance, and I'm wondering if I have inadvertantly eliminated the screen by eliminating the factory intake?

If that is the case, do I need to install another screen per the TT instructions? If so, where and what material should be used?

In the Turbo Tweak instructions, it says's the following regarding MAF:

"4. The chip will work fine with either a stock MAF, or a Translator LT1/LS1 MAF setup. For cars with a stock type MAF, it must have at least one screen in it."

My car has a stock MAF, but where would the screen be? Is it part of the MAF, or is it part of the factory air intake setup? The reason I ask is that I just installed a CAI from GN1Performance, and I'm wondering if I have inadvertantly eliminated the screen by eliminating the factory intake?

If that is the case, do I need to install another screen per the TT instructions? If so, where and what material should be used?

The screens are part of the MAF itself. Most people take out one screen and leave the other one in. If both of your screend are missing, you can try it and see what happens. Some cars will work fine with no screens but most need at least one. HTH

Does it matter which screen is pulled out? What does it actually do, increase flow?

Does it matter which screen is pulled out? What does it actually do, increase flow?

If my memory serves me , it makes sense to leave the screen in that is before the sensor. Yes some people claim more airflow, but in reality all removing a screen will do is move the BLMs around a bit.

Eric calibrates his chips for 1 screen because most cars end up with 1 screen for whatever reason. Removing the screens in the MAF make it very inaccurate. The computer can make up for some of it with the BLM's, and some cars end up running ok. Most of time, idle and low speed driveability will suffer

Back