You can type here any text you want

Turbo Tweak

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blown&Injected

Hi Eric:

I got an alky, and emission, chip from you a couple of weeks ago and have not even opened the bag. I have learned that my engine seems to be off by 4* and I wonder if it is better to just have you add 4 more degrees to the settings?

I shorted the two ALDL pins used to check engine codes and then checked the timing. The timing is at 11* and I believe the condition I set should force 15*.

I verified that the #1 piston at TDC shows as 0* on the balancer when I degreed the cam during assembly of the engine but it sounds like the BHJ balancers are often not correct.

It seems like it would be far easier to make the correction in the chip then to R&R the balancer and have the ring re-clocked.

If I add all that timing in the user available adjustments in the chip, I will have almost used up all my adjustment just making up for the condition of my engine.

What do you think?

Thanks

Was not sure if that would be the best way to go, or a bad idea.

Thanks Eric. Will include an addressed and posted return package and a tip for your help.

Back