turbo?

newtowner

I am buying a pt51 , but wanted to make sure everything would bolt up. I currently have a te44 with a garrett turbine housing, Terry houston DP and an external waste gate. What changes will have to be made? if any at all.

there have been alot of problems reported with the exhaust wheel in the 51/52 turbos where they have disentegrated and i believe precision for one would not honor any warrantys on them.

Originally posted by 49-blues
there have been alot of problems reported with the exhaust wheel...

Here we go again:rolleyes:

How many problems were there reported?

(Note: I've ran my 51 HARD for over 2 years with NO problems.)

wrong guy!

Red Regal T s posts

i think you mean REDS HOTAIR not red regal t.

in my opinion is not worth anything switching to a 51/52 except a lot of headaches. the next logical step up would be a 54 or 60.

surej

I will sell you a Brand New PTE 63 that will push you into the 10's if your intrested.;)

Matt

Originally posted by newtowner
I am buying a pt51 , but wanted to make sure everything would bolt up. I currently have a te44 with a garrett turbine housing, Terry houston DP and an external waste gate. What changes will have to be made? if any at all.

Why would you swap a TE44 for a TE51?

The Compressor is the same and the turbine wheel is only slightly larger. If you can tell the difference between the two on your Timeslip, I'd be very surprised (other than the 51 needing a higher boost launch)

The te 44 needs rebuilding, and I found a good deal on the 51. With what it will cost me to rebuild it I will get out cheaper with 51. That is unless there is someone that can rebuild it cheaper.

Originally posted by NoNos38
I will sell you a Brand New PTE 63 that will push you into the 10's if your intrested.;)

Matt
I dont have enough injector or converter for the thing. If only I had more money to spend. :D

Originally posted by newtowner
The te 44 needs rebuilding, and I found a good deal on the 51. With what it will cost me to rebuild it I will get out cheaper with 51. That is unless there is someone that can rebuild it cheaper.

Aren't you curious why you can buy a turbo cheaper than you can rebuild yours?

So you're saying that you can buy this turbo for less than the $350 dollars that a guy like John Craig could rebuild your 44 for?
Again,I'll ask why?

I'm out of that wheel debate ..;)

But even without the mentioned ..the te-44 will most likely make you happier than a 51.

they call them quick spool but my 70 spools as fast or faster than the 51 did and I enjoyed my old ta-49 turbo more than the 51.

other words the te-44 is a good turbo and will be fine till low 11's which is the max on a 51 turbo so why go to a turbo that spools slower to not get any power difference.

as far as PTE warranty on the 51 they have now been taking care of them even if over the 1 year warranty .

I still have one I'd like replaced but I havent spoke to Harry about it since they admited there was a problem with the 51's

Originally posted by The Radius Kid
So you're saying that you can buy this turbo for less than the $350 dollars that a guy like John Craig could rebuild your 44 for?
Again,I'll ask why?
The exhaust and compressor wheels need replacing, these 2 items + labor + plus the nornal rebuild parts. I called limit,pte,and turbonetics and they said the same thing "it will cost nearly what a new turbo would".