Turbonetics Super 76 turbo

ttypewhite

Just curious if anyone has used this turbo on a Buick. I was visiting the Supra boards and saw that these guys are making 1031whp with this turbo @ 6800rpm and 35ps on a stock unported head and intake (3.0L motor). Claims are they make more snort then the GT4276R turbos throughout the entire powerband. Low 900whp is what the norm is for a GT42 series turbo with all the goodies including ported heads, cams, intake etc. Any thoughts?

Mike ,
I dont have any experience with that turbo. But I have found that we can never compare anything Buick related to the Supra motors..LOL

Mike, I would stick with the proven track results with the GT42/76 IMHO.

Not sure of anybody who has done much in the Buick world with that turbo.

The 42-76 has been in the 8's on several GN's. Our local track has a class with a 76mm turbo limit and every turbo car has a "variation" of the PTE 42-76. One of my customers has been 5.50's in the 1/8th on 275/60 DR's.

The Super is supposed to be good for 100 more hp over the regular T76. The regular being good for 900hp. I've run the regular T76 over the last 5 years and it seems to have done as advertised. I would guess the Super would too.

Mike ,
I dont have any experience with that turbo. But I have found that we can never compare anything Buick related to the Supra motors..LOL

I hear ya, my little bro is a Supra guy so we are all over the place
s1.jpg

If you look at the size of the housings between manufactures with the same wheels you will see huge differences. A PTE76 weighs 19 lbs and a gt42 35lbs, due to big housings. One is going to make more power I'm sure. You need to look for the flow on the turbine side of the Turbonetics turbo and exh wheel size compared to other turbo's out there.

If you look at the size of the housings between manufactures with the same wheels you will see huge differences. A PTE76 weighs 19 lbs and a gt42 35lbs, due to big housings. One is going to make more power I'm sure. You need to look for the flow on the turbine side of the Turbonetics turbo and exh wheel size compared to other turbo's out there.

Thats pretty impressive. Just sitting there your turbo has 35 lbs of boost.:biggrin:

Even more impressive it spools as the starter cranks over. :biggrin:

Even more impressive it spools as the starter cranks over. :biggrin:
Norbs. What kind of picture is that in your signiture? You don't have a better picture? Give it up. Curious minds want to see.

Norbs. What kind of picture is that in your signiture? You don't have a better picture? Give it up. Curious minds want to see.

Sorry Don...it's classified. I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. :biggrin:

Can the hood close? Hey Norbs, keep at it man. Its the law of numbers, eventually your bound to get it right. Its like throughing enough sh it at a wall, something is bound to stick.:biggrin:

Can the hood close? Hey Norbs, keep at it man. Its the law of numbers, eventually your bound to get it right. Its like throughing enough sh it at a wall, something is bound to stick.:biggrin:

No,No,No ...... if you just throw **** at the wall, only **** will stick.;) you gotta throw something other than **** !:confused:

Yes the hood closes but I will have to use a blanket on the turbine side . I really can't give any more details since the combo has not been to the dyno yet. Since I was almost suicidal last time at the dyno I don;t want to go through posting a useless combo. Its just a measly turbo something like Don has.......

Just don't forget to bring a fire extinguisher and a pack of scammer bears.:p

C' mon Mike...this is Norbs we're talking about. I'm bringing full body armour. You do have nuclear fallout insurance on your house, right?