Turbonetics T70 "S" Trim ....

Has anyone ever ran this turbo on a daily driver? If so which convertor/ stall speed did you use? I forget to add that it has a .085 Precision exhaust housing.... Thanks.....

Has anyone ever ran this turbo on a daily driver?
its not a responsive turbo on the average/mild build.turbos should be chosen for the power/response you want.if i recall correctly the s trim is a 68 wheel good for 1000hp but the cast 70mm comp falls well short of that and is heavy as well.with all of that said it is a 9 sec wheel combo but with much slower spooling,and the rest of the combo will have to support.if this is a daily or track car there are much better options.

Thanks for your reply.... I have a mild build with GN1 Aluminum Heads I was just curious as to the stall speed that I would need. I will not use anything over a 3200 stall for a daily driver that will see some highway time also. I am looking for something that will not require a lot of boost or stall requirement. Once again thanks for your reply...

You need to match turbo, converter, and cam to your goals. A mismatch will make a sluggish turd that doesnt run anywhere near its potential. The converter needs to be able to couple in the rpm range the engine will be used, which is flash stall. There are plenty mismatched combos on here with built engines that dont even run what an optimized stock long block can run for a fraction of the price.

You wanna compressor wheel that's preforms at 3:0 pressure ratio . Have to figure #/min and while keeping it in efficiency island will work well.

Sell and get 6262 BB and match to combo.

Thanks for your reply....
your welcome!if you can try the turbo or hop into a build close to yours that will show you first hand what you would be getting into.i personally like the smaller billet wheeled units,they spool fast and hit hard and make the power of a cast comp wheel usually 4mm greater in size and they are a pleasure to drive.there are a few bnillet turbos that have great turbo response and are good for 11 sec or 9secs

Thanks for your reply.... I have a mild build with GN1 Aluminum Heads I was just curious as to the stall speed that I would need. I will not use anything over a 3200 stall for a daily driver that will see some highway time also. I am looking for something that will not require a lot of boost or stall requirement. Once again thanks for your reply...
An Hpc t-netics 64mm will walk all over the T70 in spool up and match its power.