You can type here any text you want

turbos on bigblocks??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Renthorin

Lone Wolf
Just a thought........

people put twin turbos on stage 2 motors.....

Chris Chow put twin turbos on I think a 350.....

How feasable is it to put twin turbos on the mighty chevy 572 cid?

Back in the mid 80's Gale Banks was working with Chevy 350's and eventually 454's. Single and twin turbo versions. The twin-turbo 350 only put out 600 HP at that time. He had one vehicle that had 1300 HP for a custom order. I don't know if he increased the HP numbers in the later versions. He now specializes in the Ford diesel power plants and adding turbos to them. So, yes it can be done. Just have to fabricate the acessories and the install process.

Drew

The trend right now is 4 yes 4 turbos on the larger engines 450-600ci. I think It has to do with overall volume need,hence 4 wheels. Mike moran runs a large bore short storke four tubo chevy that the dyno sheet showed 2200hp at 9500rpm. Warren johnson type pro stock engine with indy car turbos.:eek:

Duttweiler has a TT 528ci big block that is putting out 2700 and change HP with 1900 and change for torque. It was in an article in Hot Rod or one of those types of magazines. Now they just need a chassis that can handle ALL the power and put it to the ground.

Later,

Moran sold the 4 turbo set up.

He's back to two turbos and a new monte carlo chassis.

Mike ditched the 4 turbos? thats to bad what an engine. There is a few teams lobbying NHRA to have turbos be legal for pro stock. At the auto show there was a merceddes with a BBC with 4 turbos.

Big Dave,

It was nice seeing you at Nancy's Party.
Sharon did get her twinky after all! :eek:

Duttweiler did a bigger motor for Hal that
made over 3000hp!!! Twin Turbo BBC!

Originally posted by John Wilde
Big Dave,

It was nice seeing you at Nancy's Party.
Sharon did get her twinky after all! :eek:

Duttweiler did a bigger motor for Hal that
made over 3000hp!!! Twin Turbo BBC!

John, it was nice seeing the both of you again too.

if you have any specifics on that motor i'd like to hear them.

my email is sy1891@cableone.net

Havent had a twinkie in years. I think I will go get one. Twinkies have a half-life of like 200years or something.

Take care,

i have a big body 1977 monte carlo and i put in a 454 and i need to switch out my turbo 400 for a 700 r4 but my DREAM engine has always been a twin turbo 502.............it will happen one of these days

Back