You can type here any text you want

turbo's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

aaron87turbogn

I'm looking for a good fast spooling turbo that I can put on my 87 I have 60 pound injectors and stock converter just need some ideas so I can beat my buddy's in there 5.0 mustangs like to upgrade converter in future

I was looking at the te60 with a 12in 2800-3000 stall from aggressive auto I talked to the guy at cotton performance he said that would be a good set up

I was looking at the te60 with a 12in 2800-3000 stall from aggressive auto I talked to the guy at cotton performance he said that would be a good set up

A TE-60 with a 12" 2800-3000 stall will be "dog" on the street based upon GN's I have experienced that were set up like that?

I ran the TA60 with a D5 for awhile. Spool up wasn't all that bad with a garrett .63 and some tuning.

I agree, but for FAST spooling and great street response, be sure to use a Garrett exhaust housing!
I agree with nick here ta49 and a add a race gas chip to run 25 lbs of boost see u later lil mustang lol

I'm in the same boat you are. Be sure and let us know what you end up getting and how you like it!

Assuming they all have the same exhaust housing and 31 trim exhaust wheel, there is not much difference between the 44, 49, or 60. The 44 & 49 has a 58mm compressor. The 60 has a 60mm compressor. Hp wise they're all in the same ballpark, 545 - 580. Unless you're running them balls out there is very little to be gained or lost by interchanging between these turbos. Your combo is more important than any one part. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
So you think the 49 would be more agressive With stock stall than the 60 with a 2800 stall I have 60s inj id like to rip the tires off and the 49 is same price as the 60 were im getting it from I was also looking at the te 62 with 2800-3000 stall any one know how good the tq from agressive performance are?

It's all in the combo. If "fast spooling and ripping the tires off" is your thing, you could get any of those turbos to do that with the right converter and perhaps a .63 garrett exh housing. I'm not familiar with the 12" converter you mentioned but it should work fine with the 49. You might get a tad bit more lag with the 60. 12" converters have their limitations though and are not effective above ~2800 stall. And "advertised" stall can be very different compared to your "actual stall". Not sure what your budget is like but a 9.5"/10" converter from Dave Husek or PTC is less than a couple hundred bucks more (for their low budget models) and the support you would get from them to set you up with a converter that best suits your needs is well worth the extra cost, imo.

I'm looking for a good fast spooling turbo that I can put on my 87 I have 60 pound injectors and stock converter just need some ideas so I can beat my buddy's in there 5.0 mustangs like to upgrade converter in future
what is in the car now?combowise

went 11.8 with stock heads and 206/210 cam very street able and I can rip the tires with a 5857 BB
I have never ran a 49 or 44 but if you look at my log it goes to 25# before I get to the 60 ft mark
The 44 and 49 have been around a long time and they work, just look at all the good ETs in the Time slip and combo data
I went new wheels because I was willing to spend the$ for new Tec was it too much ,maybe but 11.8 @ 114 as a beginner not bad
My new combo I bet will go low 11s this year
These cars are not cheep to run ,but it worth every dime I have spent

Its not gonna take much to beat a 5.0 mustang, stock turbo can do it with proper tuning.

Back