You can type here any text you want

turbotweak or other chip question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Ok here is a question.
I plan on leaving my car stock. Will swapping out to a turbotweak or a similar chip, using just 93 octane be a benefit to me? Or is it not worth the money unless I upgrade injectors, etc.

The difference using a TT chip from Eric will be like night and day.

yeah I have heard nothing but good things about the TT. Just wanted to make sure it would work well with stock everything else. I will order one up then next paycheck :) :biggrin:

ohh another question while I am at it.
This is probably a stupid rhetorical question but I will ask anyway.
If I order a TT chip. I will just have to swap this chip out with my old chip for inspection/emissions? OR should I order an emissions chip also from Eric?

ohh another question while I am at it.
This is probably a stupid rhetorical question but I will ask anyway.
If I order a TT chip. I will just have to swap this chip out with my old chip for inspection/emissions? OR should I order an emissions chip also from Eric?

I'm up here in Canada. The last time I took my car in for an emissions check with Erics chip installed it passed with flying colours.

The TT chip is fantastic compared to the others I've used.
You may need a 237 fuel pressure regulator or an adjustable regulator.

"You would need to change the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator to use my chip. I do not have a calibration for use with the stock pump and fuel pressure"

This is what eric said.

I am not at the point where I want to change out the fuel pump yet. But thanks guys.

Just out of curiosity how hard is it to change the fuel pump?
I have always worked on camaro's, new to the GN world.

"You would need to change the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator to use my chip. I do not have a calibration for use with the stock pump and fuel pressure"

This is what eric said.

I am not at the point where I want to change out the fuel pump yet. But thanks guys.

Just out of curiosity how hard is it to change the fuel pump?
I have always worked on camaro's, new to the GN world.

its not to hard.

fuel pump, regulator, and TT chip. Done deal. That fuel pump needs to go regardless of who's chip you use.

I could have written this question myself...

I just acquired a new to me 87 GN.

So far I see:

AND

This is what Eric said.

What kind of costs are involved in getting a chip, fuel pump, and fuel pressure regulator installed by my mechanic who is quite reasonable.

Snappy Lube & Auto of Dadeville, Alabama 36853

Process so far..

I see so far:

Injector and Chip Combo - 79lb/hr Injector and Chip Combo - 42lb/hr
Your Price: $499.99
Sale Price: $449.99
You Save $50.00!
Normal Price: $314.99
Your Price: $289.99
You Save $25.00!

Set of 6 flow matched 79lb injectors (Delphi/Lucas) with one TurboTweak 5.6 custom chip. High impedance, so no ECM modifications necessary. These are flow matched to within 1% of each other to prevent some cylinders from being leaner than others. 42lb injectors and custom computer chip for your Turbo Buick or Pontiac TTA. Chip version 5.6. New! Now flow matched to 1% of each other!

TurboTweak Custom Chip v5.6 (or upgrade) Injector and Chip Combo - 60lb/hr
Your Price: $85.00
Normal Price: $414.99
Your Price: $389.99
You Save $25.00!

This is the classic TurboTweak adjustable chip version 5.6, custom made for your Buick or TTA. Choose a street, alcohol, or race chip. Works with any MAF, or MAF Translator setup. 60lb injectors (Mototron/Siemens/Edge, all the same) and custom computer chip for your Turbo Buick or Pontiac TTA. Chip version 5.6. These are flow matched at ~90% duty cycle to within 1% of each other to prevent some cylinders from being leaner than others. High impedance, so no ECM modifications required.
TurboTweak Home

I think I will enjoy my GN, as is, for a while. It is much nicer than my S-10 which will now be the TRUCK of the house rather than my daily transport.

Ok here is a question.
I plan on leaving my car stock. Will swapping out to a turbotweak or a similar chip, using just 93 octane be a benefit to me? Or is it not worth the money unless I upgrade injectors, etc.

I was just posting the prices for the first poster.
We see that the first things he will need will cost Your Price: $289.99
and his question is all about money.

I can do a chip for you to keep all your stuff stock if you'd like. Performance might be a tad better but the driveability will be improved night and day.

I realize people dont talk about my chips much any more but Ive probably done 5000 or so over the years and people have been happy with them.

Drop me a PM if youre interested.

I can do a chip for you to keep all your stuff stock if you'd like. Performance might be a tad better but the driveability will be improved night and day.

I realize people dont talk about my chips much any more but Ive probably done 5000 or so over the years and people have been happy with them.

Drop me a PM if youre interested.

Ok will do.

Back